Search

Could you guys make some video tutorials for making sections and calling them in a page? This would mean really a lot to some of us who are just figuring out symphony.

I don’t want to “bust your chops” but symphony is kind of difficult to understand. There are no much examples on how to do this and that, like when it comes to other CMS. And THAT is one of main keys of their success.

If each of you who know how to do thing that are simple to you but seem hard to beginners coz they don’t know where to start, would write a tutorial, with samples - code examples of XSL stylesheets that is, you’d make life of beginner user easier, and symphony more accessible - and isn’t that a goal for each CMS - 2 become more usable, accessible and easier 2 its users?

It’s not a video, but have you seen the Say Hello to the World tutorial? It shows step-by-step how to create a section, add fields, create a page, attach a DS and write some very basic XSLT.

@diomed We hear you, and this sort of stuff is in the works. Unfortunately we’ve got lots of competing priorities right now and that means everything’s taking a little longer than we’d like.

@diomed - what kind of tutorials would you like to see? i’ve been playing around with my screencast software. if you let me know what you want me to try at, i could definitely make an attempt.

@ bzerangue

how about tutorial on how 2 make one section and call it in a page, for a start. so that people can see how versatile simphony could be.

It’s not a video, but it is a tutorial that might help you: Master/Detail Views in Symphony

what about pulling stuff like recent articles? recent comments? different sections.

How to make a blog in 15 minutes?

This is great, folks. Keep ‘em coming.

I’d love to see some video tutorials too. How to make a blog in 15 minutes could be just the ticket.

• How to use Symphony as a CMS for your Flash site.
  • How to collect information from front-end forms. (Talk through “Send Email”, “Allow Multiple”, “Admin Only”, etc.
  • Data Source chaining for dummies.

Also some videos that shows how can you integrate your website with other services like Twitter and Flickr using a Dynamic XML.

Steven Bau (bauhouse) made a lengthy guide to building a symphony theme using a base css/html template I made a couple of years ago. It should still be useful to get ur head round things. heres the link to it…

link text