Search

Ok I've implemented the namespaces fix and have sent a pull request to @buzzomatic

I did, sorry, been busy with a few things. It was the actual importer file I wanted to see from your workspace.

Like @brendo says, there are other reports, and also from dynamic datasources too, I don't know what the shared functions are between the two, but something is a little flaky.

If you send me the importer file, I'll take a look, sorry for the delay.

Oops, missed that last comment @brendo.

@whgdesign Thanks for sending the importer over.

There seems to be a heck of a lot of missing info from it. Is this the file that you have added all the xPaths into for the fields in your section?

In your file there is only a reference to one field, id 65 which is taking the xPath of / which definitely won't work.

I don't know if it's an issue with the XML Importer, or that the data isn't filled in correctly.

Also, the ds namespace isn't there either.

Are you using the most up to date version of the extension?

Hi there. I'm very new too symphony, running away from drupal.

So, I need to import some data from the drupal site. I used some views module for exporting XML data. XML importer was working fine until I get to the step where I should populate a Reference Link field. I read the whole discussion, but couldn't really figure out how to do that... Whenever I try to import, the data that was suppose to fill the reference link field is empty.

Any hints?

The XML file is attached. It's quiet simple. The first field is the name (a text field) and the second one is the list of related items, that goes on a reference link.

I'm also attaching the XML Import screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
screenshot-2.jpg, screenshot-1.jpg and sensacoes.xml

Rowan, will you be opening up the issue tracker on Github?

@edubaldan - Actually, I ran across this issue earlier, check this earlier post in this thread...

@bzerangue Thanks a lot, man. Yesterday I read this post, but I was too sleepy to understand what you did. Now I'm wake and still can't figure out what to do in my case hahahahha

If we were talking about databases tables, my structure would be the following.

Tables

• Colors (colorID, colorNAME, other fields)
  • Sensations (sensationID, sensationNAME)
  • Sensations_Colors (sensationID, colorID)

So, the Sensations_Colors would be a table for relating sensations and colors. In my Symphony structure, I'm managing it through the reference link field. 'Cause a sensation can have a bunch of colors linked to it...

I've already imported the colors to my colors section. And even looking at your example, I'm lost figuring out the next step. You have created a data source, but I'm not sure how to create mine, and how will that help to import the data.

Sorry for bothering you with this... I'm totally late with this project. Lost precious weeks trying to make it work on drupal, pulling my hair off.. Well, that's another story.

Thanks

Attachments:
sections.png

I tried the Import/Export CSV tool, that worked for me.

For the reference link field, I just duplicated the ImportDriverselectboxlink.php driver file, replacing selectbox_link by referencelink

Hi,

I am trying to import my old posts from my Blogger blog into this CMS. Blogger helpfully created a full datadump of my entire blog and all the blog posts into a gigantic atom file.

I've installed the extension and created a test Section, but no matter what I do I was not able to import any data.

I have attached screenshot of the importer and screenshot of my section design. Further, here is a partial listing of the xml file with most of the entries removed. At first I thought that maybe the original file was too large and thus was not processing, but it won't process this smaller file either.

XML Source: http://smluniverse.com/workspace/data/smlproblog-07-13-2011-strip-30datapoint.xml

Here are some of my settings for the importer:

• Included Elements /feed/entry
  • Title: title/text()
  • Author: author/name/text()
  • Category: category/@term
  • Content: content/text()
  • Link: link/text()
  • Published: published/text()
  • Updated: modified/text()
  • id: id/text()
Attachments:
Symphony – XML Importers – Blogger XML Imported Entries.png and Symphony – Sections – XML Imported Blogger Posts.png

I'm trying to import big chunk of data (few thousands of entries) via XML importer. One of fields in my section is multilanguage field and I get only first letter imported.

Can someone explain me what should I do with non-standard fields. Should I try to import node() instead of text(), or something like that?

@seeminglee, did you ever get the XML importer to work?

@seeminglee, your issue, might be the following...

<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">

You'll want to add atom as one your namespaces and point it to http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom.

Try adding the atom namespace in front of your elements and see if that works...

atom:title

See @nickdunn's comment on another thread.

@pogonik - try importing with yourfieldname/node()

I'm having trouble with an xml file which has unescaped character of '&' within the text of a node.

Its not parsing or updating the entries, even though I've successfully imported most entries once.

Import Failed (Invalid Entry)
Import failed because 16067 entries did not validate, a total of 0 entries passed.

As the system needs to be on a daily cron, it has to update existing entries whether or not they are valid. I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before or can suggest a way to force entries regardless of validity?

I'll keep trying but any authors comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is there a formatter on the textarea/textbox fields you are importing into? Do you have any validators that might be failing?

Hey brendo, thanks for replying quickly.

The section set-up for the XML only requires the field to have content. No other validations were set, I removed URL validation because of the unescaped chars.

Now I have tested these without required fields, except ID (which is used for unique entry), it works as it should.

I am trying to import data to a section that has the System ID field extension. The entries are created fine, but all the System ID fields show 'None'. When I open and open and resave the entry manually the System ID appears.

Is there somehow a way to pass the newly created entry ID to the System ID field extension via XML importer? Any other solutions?

There is an extension that resaves existing entries ... So, import them as usual and the click the magic button :)

Edit: Ahh, there is is: Resave Entries.

Great! thanks! :P didn't know that.