Search

I’ve been trying to install Symphony 2.0.6 and than the Piano Sonata ensemble and I have the same problem: the installation is not complete (it seems so) and I have no login screen after installation. Everything is fine with the install.php screen, I fill al the needed information and when I hit the Install button I’m presented with 403 “no permission”-screen. When I’m trying to find the login screen under example.com/symphony, I see the sample screen of Spectrum page. I’ve already tried 3 times with no success. Any idea?

Have you double-checked the permissions on all your directories? Can you provide your environment details (OS, PHP and MySQL versions, etc)?

Yes, I have changed the permissions as described in the documentation and than tried with “standard”, unchanged permissions. No success.

My hosting details

Sorry, I’m not familiar with IdeaWebServer. Wouldn’t know where to start to help you troubleshoot…

Anyone?

Before trying to install I’ve consulted the server requirements for Symphony with my host and they said their servers meet all requirements.

Yes it appears your server meets the requirements, but from what I’ve read IdeaWebServer is slightly different than Apache and so might require some additional configuration on your end in order to get things running.

I would consult with the host. They’ll know better than anyone here where to look to troubleshoot your problems. If there’s anything else we can do, please let us know.

Hey Serafico. I had similar problem with home.pl and solved it. Edit .htaccess and change first rule in admin rewrite replacing word symphony to some other:

### ADMIN REWRITE
RewriteRule ^login_screen/?$ /index.php?mode=administration&%{QUERY_STRING} [NC,L]

this will be your new address to admin panel (example.com/login_screen) Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help but still no success. .htaccess modification brings 403 error. Does it matter that I’m installing Symphony in a catalog on my server (/symphony)?

&icek, nice to meet another person from Poland. What kind of server do you have on home.pl?

Update: from the install log file:

2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Establishing Connection...Done
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Selecting Database 'serafico2'...Done
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Importing Table Schema...Done
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Creating Default Author...Done
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: WRITING: Creating 'manifest' folder (/manifest)
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: WRITING: Creating 'logs' folder (/manifest/logs)
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: WRITING: Creating 'cache' folder (/manifest/cache)
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: WRITING: Creating 'tmp' folder (/manifest/tmp)
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: WRITING: Configuration File
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: CONFIGURING: Frontend
2010/01/25 18:12:07 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Importing Workspace Data...Done
2010/01/25 18:12:08 > NOTICE: Installation Process Completed In 1 sec

It seems the system is installed correctly. The question is how to log in (how to get the login screen?

Did you ask your host? This appears to be more of a server configuration issue than a Symphony issue…

@serafico: I didn’t try to install in subfolders. Home.pl use IdeaWebServer (I think that is they own solution). This is my .htaccess of working site http://www.annaklimczak.pl/ (It’s flash, but uses Symphony as backend):

### Symphony 2.0.x ###
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /

### DO NOT APPLY RULES WHEN REQUESTING "favicon.ico"
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} favicon.ico [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [S=14] 

### IMAGE RULES 
    RewriteRule ^image/(.+.(jpg|gif|jpeg|png|bmp))$ /extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/image.php?param=$1 [L,NC]

### ADMIN REWRITE
    RewriteRule ^anna_klimczak/?$ /index.php?mode=administration&%{QUERY_STRING} [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f 
    RewriteRule ^symphony(/(.*/?))?$ /index.php?symphony-page=$1&mode=administration&%{QUERY_STRING}  [NC,L]

### FRONTEND REWRITE - Will ignore files and folders
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*/?)$ /index.php?symphony-page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}   [L]

</IfModule>
######

In this case backend login panel is accessible at http://www.annaklimczak.pl/anna_klimczak