Search

The problem of shared hosting…

I’ve developed some Symphony templates for a website of which I forgot to check the server specs of the current hosting account. Changing or upgrading is not possible. It is running PHP 5.1.6. I cannot find this on the forum: are there any history versions of Symphony CMS available that run on this PHP version? Or can I disable components in order to make it run on this server?

You might take a look at their Github repositories where you can find previous renditions. Take a look at the README files and see what system requirements might work for you. I don’t know exactly when the >= PHP 5.2 requirements came in. Perhaps someone on the dev team can help us with that.

PHP 5.1.6 is now coming on four years old, sounds like you’ve got yourself a wonderful CentOS server there. All the software is out of date, but don’t worry it’s more secure that way!!!

I’ve had the same problem many times, the best solution so far has been to find up to date software packages. Of course that may not be possible if it’s a shared host.

If you’re able to manage packages on the server, let me know, perhaps you can upgrade it.

Also, from checking install.php, it appears that version 2.0.3 supports PHP 5.1.3, be warned however that some extensions where probably never tested on this version.

Also, from checking install.php, it appears that version 2.0.3 supports PHP 5.1.3, be warned however that some extensions where probably never tested on this version.

And a handful of security issues haev been addressed since then as well.

@buzzomatic Thank you for checking. I am not in the position to manage packages. I think I am going for Symphony 2.03. It is the best option I have at the moment and I am on a deadline..!