Search

A new extension, “Frontend Membership” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Um… w00t.

Just posted up the Reference Ensemble if anyone is interested.

Thank you, Alistair! I gotta free up some time to play with this. Maybe after the Olympics …. Nah. Tonight.

Weirdest thing, this must be an error that’s only appearing on my machine: Everytime I am trying to submit the register-form I get the following error

strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
C:UsersNilsArbeitServerdeobsessive-mediaforumsymphonylibtoolkitclass.general.php line 590

585     Return: rebuilt array
587     ***/
588     public static function array_to_xml(XMLElement $parent, array $data, $validate=false) {
589         foreach ($data as $element_name => $value) {
590             if (strlen($value) == 0) continue;
592             if (is_int($element_name)) {
593                 $child = new XMLElement('item');
594                 $child->setAttribute('index', $element_name + 1);

I’ve already reported a similar issue (variable being treated as a string but being an array).

This looks really cool. I’ll be installing and testing it out over the next few days. Is upgrading from the unofficial version going to be rocky? (No worries if it is… I don’t have any production sites running it, just some experimental ones.)

@TheJester12: Not sure about upgrading. We’ve done some significant reorganizing of the UI in this version, but I don’t know for sure whether the changes under the hood are enough to prevent upgrading. Alistair will have to answer that question, but I don’t expect him to resurface until Monday so maybe try it on a test install?

@phoque: Weird. Maybe Alistair will have some insight when he gets back.

@phogue: Same problem here!

Ok, can one of you please log it to the issue tracker? Thanks.

I will try and find out more about this. Maybe it’s indeed related to specific machines. I had this issue on localhost (on may Mac), so I will install it on a Debian machine which is available for testing.

Checking this baby out, cheers!

Ok, can one of you please log it to the issue tracker? Thanks.

I installed the ensemble on my Debian development server and could not reproduce the bug.

@phogue: What is your machine like? OS X?

Even weirder than that: I don’t manage to send any emails from the ensemble. I have configured the prefs correctly, but: no emails.

I am on Windows 7, using Apachefriend xampp.

Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

I’m experiencing the same issue as phoque with the Frontend Members Reference Ensemble on Mac OS X 10.6.2

Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8l DAV/2 PHP/5.3.0 MySQL 5.1.40

Hmmm, I guess we should wait for Alistair…

It seems the strlen() error shows up only in php 5.3. What if you replace:

if (strlen($value) == 0) continue;

with:

if (empty($value)) continue;

empty() would check both for empty strings and arrays.

However, mail-activation will not work either, (I believe) because event.members_register.php is missing something.

@alpacaaa: On my OS X localhost your code solves the “Symphony Warning” problem.

However, mail-activation will not work either, (I believe) because event.members_register.php is missing something.

Probably yes.

Glad it worked.

Still no luck with mails (using gmail as smtp server). I have to correct myself: There were no missing code, sorry ^_^

Frontend Membership updated to version 1.2.1beta on 15th of February 2010

I’ve had a look at the email stuff. The Members extension was trying to set a non-existent variable “body” when it should have been “message”. This resulted in an empty email body, and might explain why you never received the email. I did test all the email functionality and it is working as far as I can tell. Yet to fix up those 5.3 errors.