Search

And we’re back :)

The site is now running off our new cloud platform. Please report any issues you encounter in this thread.

“Cloud platform”? Is there a blog post coming about this one, Joseph? :)

Cloud? Which one?

Cloud? Which one?

I was going to make a joke that references Highlander, “there can only be one”, with Connor Macleod, but realised his surname wasn’t spelt with cloud. Poo.

Nerd.

And a proud one at that.

Now that I am a father, I have a legitimate reason to make lame nerdy dad jokes.

:)

I would definitely be interested to hear how the architecture for this is setup.

I’m going to start a mini series in the blog on this in the coming weeks/month. It’s a really interesting setup and we have much to share :)

Sounds good. Look forward to it.

Just a quick note to let you know that sendmail hasn’t been running correctly on the new server since the move on the 25th. This is now resolved. However no sign-up mails will have been delivered between the move and now.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Still I experience the forum “hanging” from time to time (every few page loads). Is this a known issue?

No, I can’t say that this is something that I’ve experienced at all. We’ll continue to monitor it though.

Okay, I’ve made some server configuration tweaks, specifically to the database configuration. This seems to have upped the servers responsiveness from here.

@michael-e how are you finding now?

I will post here if I experience this issue again.

@michael-e how are you finding now?

Only seldom I still see it “hanging”. Is it on Apache? If yes, have you checked the MPM (e.g. prefork) configuration in Apache’s config file? (I had some problems with that some time ago — changing the server’s default values to Apache’s recommended values solved the issues.)