Search

Hello!

I have a fresh install of Symphony 2.0.7 on MAMP (latest version). I can login on localhost but not using any real ip address. I enter the username/password but the login screen just refreshes.

I tried with several browsers on Mac and Windows.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Balint

I recall this bug but thought it had been fixed. When I had it, it was Firefox/Mac not firing the session start. Using Safari kick started it. I think there might still be an open bug report at the bottom of the Issues list (the bug tracker) outlining a similar problem.

(Too fiddly to check from an iPhone.)

Yes, I found some mention of this bug in the forums but it was for 2.0.3…

So far it’s the same with every browser, mac or windows. I’ll check the bug tracker.

I’ve found this bug but it’s marked as solved.

this could be an error in value of RewriteBase in htacces ? I’m not sure, because it is a fresh install, but already had this problem when I did a migration.

I’ve tried playing with the class.session.php as well as fresh installs of Symphony and I still cannot log in.

I tried with 2.0.8. and still can only log in through localhost.

I tried reinstalling MAMP and still i cannot login…

Are you using virtual hosts? I use MAMP and haven’t had a problem. I usually set up my sites with a virtual host such as:

http://local.mysite.com

I’m not too familiar with virtual hosts.

I can log in at localhost but not at my computer’s real IP address or the dyndns address. What’s frustrating is that I finished the work but I cannot demo it to my client (and the deadline is this week). I just booted up my old PowerMac I’m going to test MAMP there. I remember it worked before.

By the way…

I really love Symphony!

It took me about three days to transfer a complete site to Symphony. I was wishing for an XSLT based CMS for many years, since about 2002 when I first learned XSLT.

It would now love to show it to the client…

Same results on the PowerMac.

So MAMP 1.8.4. and Symphony 2.0.7. don’t get along well in this respect.

Try VirtualHostX, maybe the problem disappears when using a domain name rather than localhost or your local IP.

Wow, great, thanks for the link, that solved it!

Not only I can now use a virtual address on my mac, but the login works from the real IP address too! My client can finally login through the dyndns address.

I think it was changing the MAMP ports and stopping the Mac OS’s Apache server that solved it.

Thanks again!

@Nick: Strange, I can’t even reproduce this old issue anymore…

I think the problem are default ports and maybe virtual hosts in MAMP.

I remember that in old MAMP (not the default config) Symphony was working like a dream. Then I reinstalled OS X 10.5 and installed new version of MAMP 1.9 = I had the same problem with login to admin area (both in Symphony 2.0.7 and 3 beta).

Changing Apache port to 80 and MySQL to 3306 should work.

Be aware, I’m not an expert.

When using MAMP it’s best to disable the MAC OS Apache, and set your MAMP to use the default ports, that’s been my experience anyway. I remember issues a long time ago re MAMP, but with another CMS (I don’t recall which one now though).

Although I’ve not had this exact issue myself… Glad it works though!

Yes, it’s been working great ever since. I did disable the OS Apache install.