Search

We’re thinking of setting up a regular time (e.g. every first Friday of the month, etc.) where the Symphony Team would be in a chat room to answer any questions about Symphony.

Note however that there are some ground rules to this kind of event:

1. This isn’t a forum for personal suport issues. So questions on how to fix your server bugs aren’t really part of the discussion scope.
  2. We encourage hard developer-oriented questions; topics that may help provide a deeper understanding of the Symphony core for the community. It’s also kind of a way to counter-balance the lack of developer documentation to date.

Here are some details how we’re planning to conduct this:

1. The live chat will be online for a window of 3 hours
  2. We might use Campfire — although it doesn’t allow guests to view chat transcripts, which is a big bummer.

We would like to know which time and date are best for the community. Although, trying to coordinate it so it’s convenient for everybody may be tricky…

For those that are disappointed that the team used to be on IRC quite a lot, we’ve found that to be a bit of a productivity time sink.

+1
yay! like the old days on campfire

We would like to know which time and date are best

I’m usually in a pub on Friday evenings and so 12:00-14:00 GMT suits me best (with my lunch hour bang in the middle). I think that works out as 21:00-23:00 Brisbane time and 07:00-09:00 New York time.

12:00-14:00 GMT

This would work fine for me here in Germany as well.

This should work fine, early in Dallas, 6:00-8:00 am (06:00-08:00).

That would be 5:00-7:00am in Vancouver, which should work for me.

Sounds good to me. I would strongly urge that the transcripts be preserved though, since they will probably be a valuable resource.

This would work fine. In Brazil would be 9:00-11:00 am.

In the meantime, folks, I’m going to try to make myself available for chatting here on the site: http://nur.ph/h9naq1.

Nur.ph is a site-based chat client I came across that I’ve been experimenting with a bit lately. Right now it’s still in beta, but seems to work pretty well for basic chat and such. You’ll need to have a Twitter account to login.

We might use Campfire — although it doesn’t allow guests to view chat transcripts, which is a big bummer.

That is a bummer, I do ? Campfire. Would it be possible to paste up transcripts after each one onto the blog, perhaps? I think maybe their API allows grabbing of transcripts so this could be performed on the Symphony site automagically…

I’ll be quiet and stop making more work for you!

Have you considered IRC again?

Isn’t IRC “nerd stuff” nowadays??? :-)

@czheng:

You’ll need to have a Twitter account to login.

Hmmm, that’s a show-stopper for me…

Right, except I think they’re actually doing it ;)

Good find, Nick. Will discuss with the A-Team tonight.

This Talker is really good. I’m impressed.

Nice, Talker is good.

It’s going down this Friday. Stock up on bottled water, canned goods, and ninja stars… there’s no telling what could happen.

Craig, did you talk about it with the Symphony Team? Talker looks great.