Search

Hi,

I have gotten all the way through the final stage of the installation process (i.e. clicking the “Install Symphony” button) but it seems to just hang up as it tries to connect to the localhost. After about 2 minutes the browser looks to time out and only a blank page is displayed.

Things I have tried: 1) went into the Apache config file and located the line “#LoadModule rewritemodule modules/modrewrite.so”, removed the pound sign and then restarted apache. 2) Gave full permission to the symphony folder and the server folders

I am quite new to all of this and I apologize in advance for any ridiculous questions I may ask. Thanks in advance!

Adam

Hello Adam,

I had the same problem (running easyphp, too). But I am currently not at home and cannot check what I’ve changed… I’ll get back to you…

One thing that comes to my mind: try configuration -> apache

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride **All**
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

Hi Padexx,

I appreciate the help and I will give it a shot when I get home tonight. Thanks so much for the quick reply! I’ll let you know!

Thanks again, Adam

Darn - no dice. It still hangs up. Thanks again for your willingness to help!

Just a small note:

@padexx wished to higlight “All” in his code with markdown syntax, but it doesn’t work. You have to remove those **, otherwise apache won’t unterstand your directive.

Maybe you were already aware of this, just want to be clear.

I’ ve found an article about this specific issue: http://www.guylabbe.ca/en/blog/url-rewriting-easyphp-apache2.html

@alpacaaa you’re right. Thanks for pointing out.

@ashrimplin the link provided by alpacaaa should give you all the info needed. Couldn’t have said It better

Alpacaaa/padexx,

No worries - the ** got removed. Thanks for the link and I’ll let you know how it goes! Thanks again you two - I’d be flailing about in the apache ocean without you!

Adam

Hi guys,

I spent another 2 or so hours on it with no success. Instead, I went ahead and installed WAMPSERVER and it’s up and running. Thanks again for your help!

Adam