Search

In order to encourage everyone to use Symphony’s 2.0.7 stability update from today, I am posting my personal list of 2.0.7 compatible extensions here. It’s a plain text file, so it seems best to format this as code. I included the download dates, because some developers don’t really use those version numbers…

## Default (Core) Extensions

(All)

## Community Extensions

Name                       Version    Download Date
---------------------------------------------------
admin_css_override         v1.0       091206
collapse_sectionfields     v1.1       100225
content_type_mappings      v1.3       090730
datemodified               v1.0       091005
db_sync                    v0.7       100404
entity_diagram             v1.3       090701
globalresourceloader       v1.0.2     100108
http_status_line_mappings  v1.0       100310
multiselect_to_checkboxes  v1.0       090831
numberfield                v1.5       090309
order_entries              v1.8       100222
pagesfield                 v1.2       100403
publishfiltering           v1.4       100322
quickds                    v1.0       100405
quickevent                 v1.0       100405
section_schemas            v1.4       100318
static_section             v1.5       100210
textformatter_labels       v1.0.2     091230
uniqueuploadfield          v1.0       091206

## Community Extensions - Patched!

Name                       Version    Download Date
---------------------------------------------------
serverheaders              v1.1       090511
(Patch: http://github.com/pointybeard/serverheaders/issues#issue/1)
uniqueinputfield           v1.3       100403
(Patch: http://github.com/michael-e/uniqueinputfield/commit/e456ebe417654aa53582b9fe123b5e2fd0b67588)

[EDIT]: No warranty here. I just hope it helps.

Please note that my list above includes public extensions which I am using on client websites. It does not mean that other extensions are incompatible — I simply have not checked these.

@team

Will there be an official compatible list and request to the developers of the remaining extensions to patch them up (like for 2.0.8)?

@newnomad… Yes, Nick Dunn has been working on a compatibility table that’s more or less ready to go live. Let me double-check on the status of that.

Those lists are very usefull!

Both, my Date and Time and my Mediathek extension, should be compatible with 2.0.7. The Subsection Manager is not as it requires Symphony 2.0.8.

The forthcoming compatibility matrix will show you at a glance which extension is compatible with which version of Symphony. And by forthcoming, I mean it’s finished and just waiting for approval. Hoorah!

Yes. My approval. muaHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Just kidding. I’m nothing but a puppet ;)

@Craig:

muaHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Can’t you just do it? :-)

@Nick:

And by forthcoming, I mean it’s finished and just waiting for approval. Hoorah!

Are you maybe kidding about my “somehow forthcoming” Email Newsletters extension??? You’ll get a 1.0 version that is as cool as it can be! There’s already a beta running on several client websites, and they have sent thousands of emails. I decided to check out if it works reliable, improve the details (and the 400+ lines documentation) and release version 1.0 at the World Wide Symphony Conference, Part 1 in London. No public pre-releases. (But you have my email.)

Let’s get back to work now…

Although it’s on Gitub, I’m also planning on release the Site Index extension at WWSC1. If I ever get time to finish it :-)

I am very very close — I just added the last feature (hopefully). So WWSC1 is no problem, fingers crossed! :-)

I really hope that all those volcanos will be on summer vacation in June.

Although it’s on Gitub, I’m also planning on release the Site Index extension at WWSC1. If I ever get time to finish it :-)

Search is one of the final things I think is missing from Symphony that would allow it to really compete with the best CMS on the market. I look forward to the extension!

Nick’s extension compatibility matrix is now live. Read the announcement or just go check it out.