Search

Finally a general understanding of the symphony-cms works, and now I can create dynamic XML page, but can I save a static XML file?

All data is stored into the sections database, and I can generate dynamic XML catalog using datasource & pages. But now I need to exchange files with others, such as some of the collated information, product details, need to send out, or even use zip to compress multiple files into a single file sent Out.

Can I do that with symphony-cms? Any extension or utilities can help? or I need some other PHP skill or tools to do that?

I’d suggest using a frontend page to output XML (from your XSLT). If you select the XML page type when creating your page, you should be able to output XML just as easily as you create HTML.

I don’t know if I’m reading this right, but are you trying to save the xml output as a file, rather than output to a browser?

If so, take a look at the Content Type Mappings extension. There’s no zip support, but pages can be saveable rather than viewable…

edit: Whoops, linked to the extension…

@designermonkey The Content Type Mappings extension really is what I want.

Thanks a lot !!

I was having a think about the zip part of your question…

If you’re any good with PHP, I’m sure you could look into mixing up the Content Type Mappins extension with the Export Ensemble extension to produce a zip file of the page…

I like the sound of that as an extension, I wish I knew PHP better ;)