Search

A new Extension, “Repeating Date Field” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Recently at work I needed a way to quickly specify dates for an event that repeated every week, the client didn’t want to enter a bunch of dates manually so I set about creating a field that would accept a date range and calculate all the desired dates in between.

Version 1.0.6, 15 May 2009:

• Nothing much, fixed some bugs, and put it on github.

rowanjl - this is awesome! thank you so much! i'm going to try this out!

Very nice. Thanks.

Rowan, is this extension compatible with 2.02?

@bzerangue, I’ve now tested and fixed it to run in 2.0.2, all seems to be working.

A new version is available above.

@buzzomatic Awesome. I look forward to trying this out in the morning. Thank you so much!!

@buzzomatic -

This is great for enter in calendar events. In the case that the event is a one time event, I entered 0 (zero) in the units field, but when you save the field it removes the start and end date.

Is there a away to be able to set the number field to zero for those events that don’t repeat? That way a user can still use these start and end date fields, instead of setting up seperate start and end date fields for those events that don’t repeat.

Anyone used this on 2.2.3 yet? is @buzzomatic still supporting this extension at all? just noticed it's last update was a few years back.

Yeah...

It'll probably work, but you'll need to update all of this first.

Repeating Date Field updated to version 1.1 on 13th of September 2011

Changelog

• Refactored and documented the codebase
  • Made compatible with Symphony 2.2

Thanks for updating the code Rowan! Works like a dream. Encountered exactly the same scenario as your use case... client is much happier with this approach. Thanks so much for sharing it!.

Do you have any XSLT examples of how to incorporate the output XML into a Calendar?

I only see the Start and End date of the single entry and am not sure how to iterate over the date to have it repeat on the same day every week until the end date?

thanks for any advice - direction you can give here!

Hi, Is it true this extention doen't work in Symphony 2.2.4 ? me i get sql error's Thankx!

this the error i get: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND d.value >= 1321311600 ORDER BY d.value ASC LIMIT 1' at line 6