Search

I wish I had the programming skills to do this myself but hark I don’t, and I’m stuck with the serious consideration of scratching all the work I’ve done thus far to move to Drupal.

A client of mine is insisting that 1) they have full control over placing images anywhere within a WYSIWYG editor, and 2) that they have the ability to dynamically create folders for images so that images are organized in folders according to the project to which they belong.

I’ve tried out the “File Manager” extension a bit and it seems perfect if only it where integrated into a file upload management tool! As it stands now there’s a disconnect requiring that the client go to Menu > System > File Manager to create the folder structures they desire and then upload the images. This isn’t ideal, and furthermore the File Manager also permits the uploading of most any file type — it doesn’t restrict to images.

I’ve also tried and been very impressed with Mediathek, the dynamic creation of directories is not possible, and as such all files (images in my case) are listed making searching for a file potentially very cumbersome. The client was very displease with my “solutions” and now I’m at a loss as to how to proceed.

Help! Please! Any suggestions would be vastly and greatly appreciated!

Here’s a post about integrating a free File Upload/Management plugin with the TinyMCE extension that I wrote up awhile ago. I wish there was a more Symphony-esque solution, but this has done the trick for a few clients.