Search

I'm having some thoughts about solving the age-old problem of linking images to a post. Section links are rather clunky, and a separate section for images never seems entirely integrated. I was thinking about Wordpress' method, and whether this could be ported to Symphony. My thought was thus:

a) Create an Images section, section linked to a post (as usual) b) Create a custom field which, in the backend on an edit post page, loads an iframe pointing to this Images section passing in the post ID c) Add some JavaScript to the Images section so that onclick of an entry it passes the URL of the image into the textarea of the blog post

This doesn't solve the problem of adding images before the original post is saved. But it might create a more elegant way of adding images to posts. For clients at least (who, in our experience, find section links tricky to navigate around).

Could anyone get me started to hint at how I might create a custom field that simply displays an iframe?

Ok, figured out the first part :-) I'll let you know how I get on (and whether it's actually worth it!)

Why do you want to display your images via an iFrame?

The aim is to replicate the new functionality dubbed the Duplicator in RC1. Essentially to have an inline-section, or a sub-section. So when editing a blog post, in view I also have a list of images associated with that section. I would be able to drop images from the Images section directly into my blog post. This saves navigating forward and back between sections — managing images for a post is done through the Edit post page.