Search

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been testing my extensions against the latest Symphony 2.0.8 (RC3). Hopefully w’ll have 2.0.8 in our hands in the coming weeks, so it would be great to have as many extensions updated to this milestone release as possible. If you take a look at the current compatible list it’s rather sparse ;-)

http://getsymphony.com/download/extensions/compatibility/2.0.8/

If you have no intention of updating your extension please mark either as Unsure or No.

There’s not a huge difference between 2.0.6 (the most widely-supported version) except in most cases you can (and should!) stop using $this->Parent all over the place and instead can use Symphony::instance() (or Administration::instance() or Frontend::instance()).

For example:

$this->_Parent->_Parent->Database->fetch(...)
$this->_Parent->_Parent->Configuration->get(...)

You can now use:

Symphony::Database()->fetch(...)
Symphony::Configuration()->get(...)

Will update as soon as I have time to do so!

Thanks for the tips.

The release of the 3.0 beta and a final 2.0.8 motivate to go back to finish some unfinished work.

If you have no intention of updating your extension please mark either as Unsure or No.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a new option to the extension compatibility list: obsolete (used for those extensions that have either been implemented into the core or that have been replaced by other extensions).