Search

I am new to Symphony and I would like to use it to build future projects. My question, however, is can I download a copy of Symphony that does not include the sample data. I want to start with a clean slate and I hate having to delete all of the junk before I can get started.

I believe you can just delete the “workspace” folder before you install Symphony, and it will give you a blank installation.

Junk!? ;)

I’m sure its not junk to some people but when you aren’t building a blog then it is “Just Useless Nonsense you Know”.

If you are comfortable using Git, which I would highly recommend, when clone the master branch it comes without the default workspace.

I believe you can just delete the “workspace” folder before you install Symphony, and it will give you a blank installation.

Yep, all you have to do is delete the workspace folder, and it reverts back to a clean install. It says that in the tutorials.

I think the installer just checks for existence of the sql file in there.

I keep a subversion copy with a workspace folder that I have loads of utilities in, it installs clean as there is no sql file. Saves having to keep re-adding utilities.

I am in the same boat, first time using Symphony, first time creating a website this way infact.

I just installed it last night and set the server up, came to the first tutorial and i hadn’t installed it as clean.

I deleted the /workspace folder on root and when i open Symphony up again it just appears as error.

Do i have to delete the contents of the workspace folder and leave the folder on the root?

You need to reinstall without the workspace folder. Deleting it after the fact doesn’t change the database, so it looking for missing files/relationships ande resulting in errors.