Search

When I click on Logout the page refreshes and leaves me logged in. I verified that the cookie is not being deleted. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas about how to fix it? This behavior started just a few days ago.

I’ve had things like this happen on other sites. 9/10 it’s a corrupted cookie. Delete the cookie manually (most browsers let you) and then you should be fine. Let us know if the issue repeats.

I had already tried that but I just tried it again anyway. Deleting the cookie does log me out, but when I log in again it then won’t log out unless I manually delete the cookie again. The cookie is localhost PHPSESSID, right?

Have you been using the RC3 tag? Or just pulling the latest from the integration branch?

There’s been a number of changes to the Cookie and Session classes over the last few days and it’s possible you are running on a ‘broken’ commit. Try pulling the latest now, there has been some fixes pushed just a couple of hours ago :)

By all means, if this doesn’t fix it, report it as an issue.

I’ve been pulling from the integration branch. I just did it again as you suggested and it fixed the problem. Thanks!

Good to hear.

I’d be interested in hearing any feedback about you experience with these latest commits, especially regarding your Symphony session (ie. whether you have to keep logging in or not) so if anything strange occurs, please do mention!

Does your site use the Members extension?

Logging in and out seems to be working well now. I’ll let you know if anything changes.

The one other problem I’ve had is described on another thread.

My site does not use the Members extension. I’m the only person with access to the site’s backend and the public has open access to the frontend.

@brendo - I do have to log in again each time I load my site even though the cookie has not expired. It also logs me out after a few minutes when I’m not actively browsing the site. Is there a setting I’m overlooking somewhere? This behavior occurs only on my public site on BlueHost.

Try pulling the latest from integration. I believe we managed to fix this thing once and for all :D

I pulled from integration again and it seemed to fix the logging out problem — at least it worked well on a few quick tests. But now I have a bigger problem. It won’t let me log in. I verified that the db still holds my user name and password. I tried deleting the cookie. I tried restarting the browser.

Resetting your password should do it.

As of version 2.1, Symphony stores passwords using the more secure SHA1 algorithm (previous versions used MD5). When updating to 2.1, the primary user’s login password will be reset (the new password will be displayed by the updater—please note it). Please also note that all other users’ passwords will no longer be valid and will require a manual reset through Symphony’s forgotten password feature. Alternatively, as an administrator, you can also change your users’ passwords on their behalf.

Thanks klaftertief! That fixed it. I wasn’t aware of that change.