Search

A new extension, “New Entry Notice” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

The best way to describe this extension is in terms of the application for which it was developed. On my website the home page consists of a serialization of short remarks in reverse chronological order. Another page serializes longer articles. I wanted a notice placed on the home page when a new article is posted on the Articles page. This extension creates that notice as a new remark entry. The new remark includes the title of the new article as a link to the new article.

The notice is created only when the article Publish field is set to yes when the article is initially created. When an article is edited a notice is created only when the Publish field is changed from no to yes. A notice is also created when the Publish field is changed from no to yes on the article index page using the With Selected/Apply method.

The extension can easily be customized for other similar applications.

Hi wisolman, thanks for this cool extension - I can use it… Somehow the git-link is not correct. I found it anyways ;)

It’s here: http://github.com/wisolman/newentrynotice.git

I’m glad someone could use it. Thanks for pointing out the incorrect link. But the one you gave above is what you would use in a git clone statement, not a link to the repo on github. The .git on the end is the problem.