Search

Very nice extension.

To display the dashboard here I was using a section with the Static Section extension containing several HTML Panels fields. I customized the look and it worked well for the purpose.

But this Dashboard extension looks much more promising and, most importantly, practical!

Nick, maybe something is wrong with my copy of the dashboard. There are strange things happening here. I will uninstall and redownload the whole thing and report back.

Nick, another one: if you have 0 datasources/events/pages, the Symphony Overview panel does not correctly show statistics:

Good spot eKoeS, this should be fixed now (commit).

Okay, I reinstalled everything and the problems still occur. Might it be a problem that I’m running a localized Symphony install?

Adding a Data Source Table results in the following exception:

Missing argument 1 for datasourceneuigkeiten::grab(), called in /www/htdocs/projekte/nils/kuwi/extensions/dashboard/extension.driver.php on line 238 and defined /www/htdocs/projekte/nils/kuwi/workspace/data-sources/data.neuigkeiten.php line 56

52      function allowEditorToParse(){
53          return false;
54      }
56      function grab(&$param_pool){
57          $result = NULL;
59          $seite = $this->_env[env][url][seite];
60          if(is_numeric($seite) || $seite == '') {

PS: Wait I just saw that it is a customized Data Source … Strange though as it’s working perfectly on the front-end.

germchaos, what sort of information were you displaying on your dashboard? I’m keen to know whether the core panel types will satisfy the majority of use cases.

Nils, maybe it could be fixed with this commit. I’m not seeing the error here because I’m using the DSs that come with the 2.1.0 workspace which have a function signature like:

public function grab(&$param_pool=NULL){

I guess when you don’t set the fallback value for the parameter then it will error. So passing an empty array should solve this.

UPDATE: yep I’ve had to fix this before with another extension!

Nick, my dashboard display basic information of some sections (with links to edit page of each entry and related entries), like Orders (from the e-commerce), list of top selling products, last search terms.

And I’m trying to make a auto-increment event for a new page-views panel. The auto-increment field doesn’t work in this case because increase on each view in backend too.

At what point do you think it will be safe to start using this? Either on our own sites (where less-stable stuff isn’t as dangerous) or on client sites?

Go ahead for your own sites, I’d love for more people to trial this. Don’t use it for clients just yet as some elements may change as we iron out the kinks.

Nick, my dashboard display basic information of some sections (with links to edit page of each entry and related entries), like Orders (from the e-commerce), list of top selling products, last search terms.

Sounds great! Would you mind awfully sending me a screenshot to nick [at] nick-dunn.co.uk for inspiration?

One small thing, is it possible to make it so that instead of having to hover over Dashboard in the menu and clicking a drop-down would it ever be possible to click just the main menu item?

I know nothing else in Symphony really works this way but having a drop down menu for something that’s only ever going to have one option seems a bit silly to me.

There is an app extension for that.

Ha, of course there is.

(Take that, iPhone!)

Nick, I’ve submitted an issue to the issue tracker. I thought it was better to post it there rather than clutter this thread.

Resolved :-)

To the lightbox nay-sayers, update from Git and give the latest version a whirl!

Slick as hell.

Dashboard updated to version 1.1 on 2nd of August 2010

• Lightbox is no more! The form that previously loaded into the lightbox is now a fancy-slidey-panel (official technical term)
  • Drag/drop and edit mode is only available to Developers and is disabled until you turn it on
  • Create New dropdown menu rolled into the create button itself rather than an ugly select box
  • Added a Markdown Text panel type so you can easily add plain text to a panel (for introductions, documentation etc). However there’s a bug that breaks if you use more than one (for now)

new Create New UI

Slick!

Edit
I should read before I post.

Outstanding #win

@nickdunn - Awesome!