Search

Hey Nick,

Thought I'd gently bump this as the Github v2 API issue is still prevalent in the current release.

as per: https://github.com/nickdunn/dashboard/issues/9

I'm on 2.3 and have installed this extensions as it's always nice to have a generic hub for the user to land on when logging in.

I'm intrigued as to what the 'Symphony Overview' panel does? When I tried to activate it it spewed errors and broke the extension. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get things working again.

Known issue or something you'd like me to elaborate on?

Was also disappointed when I tried out the analytics dashboard extension to go along with it (as that's always a nice addition), and it caused my whole backend to error 500 :( I'm guessing this is a version support thing though - and I appreciate developed by someone else.

Oh, shame. I'll take a look at these in a few weeks to do some more 2.3 stress testing. The overview dashboard panel just tells you some basic symphony stats like number of sections, entries etc, nothing clever, but a nice example of what panels can be used for.

Ah, cheers, just making sure I wasn't missing out on some juicy feature!

I have a dashboard running on a 2.3.1 site. It has an HTML panel showing a list of open web orders.

The HTML panel has suddenly stopped working and gives me the error:

Error: could not retrieve panel HTML.

See screenshot

When I load the page by itself it loads with no problem. The page has the type admin, hidden. Can anyone think why this might happen? I have cleared caches, optimised data sources etc. No error is written to the main symphony log.

Thanks

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 13.04.17.png

I can't see the string "Error: could not retrieve panel HTML" in the source of the field. Is this something your page is returning? If so, then the panel is correctly grabbing the page HTML. Perhaps this is down to authentication. What happens if you remove admin and/or hidden from the page types, does it work then? It could be that it's not passing a user token in the request to the page.

Hi Nick. Yes, I realised that the admin page type was the cause of the error. Its a bit annoying as I shouldn't have the page public as it contains sensitive data. For the moment I have given the page a crazy random URL and removed the admin page type.

Any ideas how to ensure the page is passed the user token? Thanks

The HTML Panel extension works fine with "admin" type pages. Maybe one can re-use that code?