Search

Hi all,

Been a while since I asked a question, so here I go!

Symlinks and permissions I am trying to install Symphony 2.1 on my LIVE server, and have decided to go the Symlink method, due to having multiple domains running that are all going to be ported to Symphony. I have my server set up as follows:

/
/htdocs
/htdocs/site1
/htdocs/site1/symphony -> ../../symphony-cms/symphony
/htdocs/site1/extensions -> ../../symphony-cms/extensions
/htdocs/site1/workspace
/symphony-cms
/symphony-cms/symphony
/symphony-cms/extensions

My /symphony-cms folder is outside the docroot of /htdocs so that I can duplicate /htdocs/site1 to create multiple sites and simply add/remove extensions as I see fit. I have symlinked the two Symphony folders correctly. All the installation files are in each site.

As this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this, I need to know how to set permissions… My /symphony-cms folder is set to 701 set automatically by my host as non-web accessible. My question is, what do I set the /symphony and /extensions folders to?

htaccess Also, I am having to set up my first site as a subfolder to begin with, before the switch from the current site. Does the htaccess file need to remain in the subfolder, with a RewriteBase of /site1? As there is a wordpress htaccess file at the root controlling the main site, will this conflict? What happens when I want to remove Wordpress, I know I need to redirect traffic to the subfolder with a rewrite so that it looks like the root, I can do that, but will it mess up the Symphony install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated…

Ok, So I just installed a test version in site1 and now I get an internal server error at the subdomain level of the webserver as viewed through a borwser.

My Wordpress htaccess is set to ignore folders that exist

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

and going to a subdomain that has no htaccess works fine.

My htaccess is as standard to Symphony fresh install with

RewriteBase /site1/

being the only dynamic bit.

I have it all working now… Should learn to read the error logs shouldn’t I ;)

Fasthosts have thier servers set up to not allow Options to be declared in htaccess files, I removed it and everything works perfecto now!