Search

Hi all,

I am having an issue setting up Symphony on the Media Template (gs) hosting platform.

By default the php version is set to 4 and changing that to 5 creates the .htaccess file.

When I try to install Symphony, it complains about the existence on the .htaccess file but if I remove the file, the site reverts back to php4 and the install fails.

I have seen there are people on here who have used Media Template so I would like to hear how they overcame this issue.

Thanks PK

You can install Symphony in a subfolder, copy the PHP5 enabling parts from the root .htaccess to the beginning of Symphony’s .htaccess, copy everything in the subfolder to the root and change the change the RewriteBase rule to just /.

Or, just move (mt)’s .htaccess file one level up. Still works. See here for further discussion.

The work around I have used recently is to backup the .htaccess some where else, change the install.php file to be install.php5 and that did the trick for install. Post install I copied the php5 enabling bits back into the symphony generated .htaccess file.