Search

I have installed Symphony. When I go to somesite.com/symphony I see what looks like a web page. How do I get to the administration or login page for users? Did I miss something int he installation?

It has been a while since I did a new install but I think you’re already logged in when the installation completes. Do you see a gray bar with Content, Blueprints and System on it? If so, you’re ready to start building your site. If not, what do you see?

when I go to somesite.com/symphony I see a web page with the page title “A primer to Symphony 2’s default theme” I don’t see anything with Content, Blueprints, etc. In another thread I did see using something like somesite.com/symphony/index?mode=administration which brought me to a login page. But after the login I received an error message. Subsequently, when i try to go to the login page all I receive is an error message.

The unfortunate thing is that there really is no documentation covering this so I am completely lost as to whether or not I can actually access the symphony admin and user interface.

It sounds like you are accessing the front end of the Symphony install, so it appears that you have installed Symphony in somesite.com/symphony. If that’s the case, the login page would be at somesite.com/symphony/symphony/.

I get to the login page with somesite.com/symphony/index?mode=administration . Using somesite.com/symphony/symphony gets me nothing. When I attempt to login I get a page error message.

In my Apache error log I get the following error:

File does not exist: d:/myphpbase/symphony/symphony/publish

It seems like somethings is wrong with your .htaccess. You should check two things:

• Did the installer create a .htaccess file at somesite.com/symphony?
  • Does your server have mod_rewrite enabled?

Got it! I completely missed the .htaccess file. I took the rules from that file and included in my Apache configuration and everything works. Thanks for all the help!