Search

@into: have a look at Nick’s Publish Filtering extension and Dale’s Select All Rows extension.

It’s already possible to select all visible rows by holding down the shift key and clicking on the first and last row using Symphony 2.1.

It’s already possible to select all visible rows by holding down the shift key and clicking on the first and last row using Symphony 2.1.

But not that obvious ;) I spent a loooong time selecting them all by clicking.

I thought it was quite obvious: How do you handle file selections in your operating system, John?

I spent a loooong time selecting them all by clicking.

AFAIK, it is a de-facto standard on most of the desktop environments out there… Perhaps there’s room for a small help message, right ahead of “With selected”. I don’t know.

Woot, I didn’t know about that either! I usually don’t expect desktop-like behavior in web applications.

Hah! Thanks Nils ;) it just never occured, I’m with Jonas on that one…

Do you guys foresee any problems upgrading from Symphony 2.1.1 to 2.2? The frontend membership sounds like quite an improvement… and quite a change.

Some extensions might need updating to work with 2.2 but we’ll try and catch these during the RC stage before 2.2 is fully released, but I can’t think there will be anything to worry about.

@jonasd I’ll check it out, thanks! @Nils wow! did not even know, and..

How do you handle file selections in your operating system

I think I need to recalibrate my mindset to “what CAN’T Symphony do.”

I would like to suggest something to coming releases of Symphony. It would be nice, when saving content, to use shortcuts like CTRL+s etc.

— Miika

It would be nice, when saving content, to use shortcuts like CTRL+s etc.

It already does! Ctrl+S should submit the form you’re using. What browser are you using?

Oh, I have Firefox 3.6.13. Ctrl+s gives me the dialog to save page to me computer…

Edit: On Windows 7 Home Premium

I believe it’s Alt + Shift + s in Firefox on Windows and Linux.

I’d love if “Create New” and “Create another?” could both have an accesskey (ideally the same).

Edit: I’ve posted a pull request for that feature. :-)

Ok, Alt + Shift + s works, though it’s not as easy as just Ctrl + s. Thanks!

Symphony sets the access key to be “s”. But unfortunately browsers require different “modifier keys” in order to use such access keys — seems to be ALT + SHIFT in your case.

If you press Enter while in a single-line text box your entry is saved — at least in Firefox/Ubuntu. I don’t know if that’s by design or a quirk.

That’s standard browser behaviour — when a form element has focus and the Enter key doesn’t perform an action on the element itself (i.e. adding a new line to a textarea) then Enter will submit the form instead. Think: searching in Google.

Any news on 2.2? I’ve been waiting :)

Hey team. You guys rock!
Any news on the 2.2 update?

It would be great to maybe see a calendar or something like a coutdown timer to get a pulse on the progress of different works. ( ie. front-end membership? [ needed ] )

I want to use Symphony for everything! but it’s hard to set client expectations and know what’s doable, etc. without some sort of expectation. As it stands, status checking feels a bit like a boolean return.. is it done? FALSE, FALSE, then one day TRUE which is a bit hard from our perspective as it necessitates annoying behavior.

I’m so stoked about Symphony and want everyone on board, for reals.
Thanks for all your hard work!

What can I/we do to help?

Cheers, Kirk