Search

How does this perform from a frontend perspective? If I’m populating an entry from the frontend, does this extension create a new version, or update an existing one, or do anything?

I can’t actually remember… but I know it relies heavily on backend delegates to do the hard work, so almost certainly it doesn’t no anything. I don’t think I ever tested it :-/

No worries…

Also, I’ve got this strange behaviour too when I save my first entry (see attachment) It starts off ok with two buttons, then goes higgledy piggledy after first save…

Attachments:
Screen shot 2011-01-02 at 22.18.49.png

Yikes. What version of Symphony are you using? I haven’t used this extension in a while.

I’m on 2.1.2 with the patch for your Publish Tabs…

PS Did you get my email too? Re something else…

Yep, I replied a few hours ago. Come Symphony 2.2 I’ll be double checking all of my extensions (argh!) so please post a bug report and I’ll be sure to look at it. Sounds like just a JavaScript thing. Do you just have one Entry Versions field?

Nah, I’ve littered my site with them… ;o)

All the buttons still work so there’s no real issue for me (as it’s not a client site)

I’ll file it in the morning yawn

Maybe that’s it, multiple instances of the JS might be written into the page. Take a look and let me know if you see anything obvious.

There’s no duplicate code in there, although there is for a lot of other fields (?!)

Deleted… So I don’t sound stupid after reading my comment below.

Aha!! It just hit me like a Symphony sledgehammer!

I have your Duplicate Entry extension enabled too! Upon disabling said extension my world returned to normal. It’s obvious to me now that the Entry Versions extension was replacing both buttons with two new ones, hence the four buttons I was seeing. Doh!

Entry Versions updated to version 0.4.0 on 16th of February 2011

This is a bug fix release, but breaks compatibility with pre-Symphony 2.2 so I’ve bumped the version up to 0.4. Lots of mini fixes, namely:

• fixed compatibility with Duplicate Entry extension
  • allow the field label to be configurable (previously it was fixed as “Entry Versions”)
  • is now compatible with Symphony 2.2, CSS fixes
  • various other bug fixes

hi, i got a fatal error when i tried to save an entry on the front end

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchFields() on a non-object in C:wampwwwmediaextensionsentry_versionsextension.driver.php on line 98

Hi Nick, just updated to 0.4.0 - I noticed a slight UI change in the pages.

In 1.3 we used to get Update Version as a button, and next to it create new version as a text link.

Now the interface seems to have changed to; create new version - checkbox, and save changes next to it.

Is this an actual change? or could it be something wrong with my symphony/css?

Is this an actual change? or could it be something wrong with my symphony/css?

This is intentional. Having separate buttons didn't make sense, and conflicted with other extensions. This way, the extension adds only a checkbox and doesn't manipulate the button at all.

Hi Nick,

I'm getting the same error like Fabien above.

"Call to a member function fetchFields() on a non-object in entry_versions ....line 98"

Any idea whats happening?

thanks as always

Entry Versions updated to version 0.4.1 on 21st of April 2011

This fixes the bugs that Fabien and Csam0003 have reported above, namely bugs when saving entries via an event. The arguments passed to the EntryPostCreate (backend) and EventPostSaveFilter (frontend) delegates are slightly different, so I've updated the extension's saveVersion method to normalise these differences.

Hi Nick thanks for the update :)

shame I didn't see the post before spent a day playing around to check what the issue was.

thanks Nick

hey, i just tried moving a site onto a different server but i'm running into this issue:

Missing argument 3 for fieldEntry_Versions::prepareTableValue(), called in /site/v2/extensions/subsectionmanager/lib/class.subsectionmanager.php on line 188 and defined
/site/v2/extensions/entry_versions/fields/field.entry_versions.php line 147

142         $wrapper->appendChild($container);
145     }
147     public function prepareTableValue($data, XMLElement $link=NULL, $entry_id) {
149         $version = EntryVersionsManager::getLatestVersion($entry_id);
151         if (!$version) return sprintf('%s', __('Unversioned'));

I tried removing the Entry Versions extension from my section and then reenabling it but it still threw the same error.

My "manifest/versions" folder is there with 0644 permissions (like my old server) and the following are the fields i am using in section (in order):

• text input
  • text input
  • textarea
  • text input
  • text input
  • subsection manager
  • entry versions
  • search index
  • checkbox
  • checkbox

any clues as to what I could be missing?