Search

Hey all,

I uploaded a new site to a server today and I got the Symphony Fatal Error message ‘No suitable XSLT processor was found.’

What does this mean? Do I need to email the cpanel service desk to install something??

I couldn’t find any reference to this error on these forums so sorry if it has been addressed elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!!

Phill

Hi Phill. It sounds like your host doesn’t have PHP’s LibXML module, with the XSLT extension enabled. You might need to recompile PHP to get this working. If you view “phpinfo()” do you see any reference to XSLT in there?

Hey Nick, thanks for your reply.

No, no reference at all. I have emailed the server host about 5 times now too to get it set enabled but I have yet to hear anything. Slack w**kers.

Is there a way around them enabling it through recompiling the PHP? I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to PHP.

Hey Phill,

it depends on whether you have root access to your server. In this case you can solve this issue by yourself. When you just have FTP access you can’t do it by yourself, but your host needs to help you out.

But since you have mailed your host many times without response I recommend the great Compatible Hosts page to find another more professional host.