Search

For my localhost development, I rely on MAMP. With the 2.0 release of Symphony, PHP must be compiled with --enable_zip to support the Create Ensable-extension.

I've tried to get zip support activated in MAMP, without any success. Anyone who has?

MAMP basically means you're screwed, in fact, as far as I can tell, trying to compile PHP or Apache on OSX is a complete waste of time.

I know it previously worked on MAMP, but I think the extension does things a different way to how Symphony did internally.

Yes, rev 5 can create Ensambles using MAMP.

Any recommendations for a development environment on OS X?

I ditched MAMP and did it with MacPorts following these intructions

Unfortunately, I've got one tiny problem with my setup which is that Symphony's rewrites are not working (although another site in the same parent folder is rewriting fine so I have no idea what's going on), but that's more a configuration issue than anything.

Another non-MAMP solution - Mac OS X 10.5.5 - Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5

Creating ensembles works for me.

Did you try xampp instead of mamp?...

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look at them.

In the meantime: Can I move a Symphony-site from a dev server to the production server by copying all files and making a MySQL backup/restore?

czheng, I am setup with macports and trying to get virtualhost-sh script to work, without success last comment. Anyone experienced with this golden combo?

Sorry, I've got no experience with virtualhost-sh...

I should also report, by the way, that I completely uninstalled my Macports MAMP setup, then uninstalled OS X's built-in Apache, and then reinstalled MAMP via Macports and now all the redirects and everything are working perfectly.

I have a weird one. If I install Symphony2 in MAMP it says I can't create ensembles because I need --enable_zip compiled. However! If I install one of Bauhouse's ensembles it is working? Huh?

I think there's something a little funky with the new ensemble extension. I've tried to install it on a host with zip enabled and the ZipArchive class available and it still throws errors. Not sure why, but it's reported here.

See the bug report for info, but I've made a small change that should help.

Thanks Alistair, working now.

Does anyone have a relatively simple way to set up a localhost on a mac that includes the ZipArchive class?

MAMP was so easy, XAMPP got a little complicated and I gave up after getting ModRewrite errors. I really don't know where to begin with the Macports option. Google searches aren't giving me anything that I can make heads or tails out of. Server admin, root user, config files and the terminal are so foreign to me. I just want to make an ensemble. :-(

as i understand it the ziparchive problem was simply a bug in symphony, and thus mamp should work just fine. Also I read somewhere that symphony can usesqllite? is this correct? That would be cool, since then you could run it out of the box on leopard. Then again I am not sure how an ensmble would then be able to be unpacked on a mysql live install? please report.

I think I have the most recent version of the extension, but I'm pretty sure MAMP doesn't have Zip enabled.

If Symphony works with SQLite that would ROCK. Then I'd be able to use it with campus departmental hosting at work.

maybe the team can chime in with a definite answer; how to locally develop and save ensambles on leopard, the EASY way... quite important for commmunity adoptation ;-)

in the mean time; 1 or 2

no macports needed, and since svn sits on leopard out of the box you could get mysql that way to

A bit longwinded, but this works and gets zip working in mamp http://developers.enormego.com/view/enablingphpszipextensioninmamp

Nice, I never bothered figure out how to do this. Now I don't have to!

SWEET! It totally worked. I have no idea what I typed in the terminal, but I can make an ensemble. We need to add this to some sort of resource page.

FYI: If you don't have MAMP Pro, you can find the php.ini file under MAMP/conf/php5/php.ini.