Search

I have a site that I'm trying to convert over to Symphony, and I'm new to XSLT so traversing the code and writing conditionals is a little confusing for me without some sort of road map. I don't know if I'm just being daft or blind, but I can't seem to find any manuals, documentation or tutorials about this system anywhere. This forum is great, but for specific questions about the structure of the system, I would really like some reference material. Does anything like this exist?

Aviemet,

You're not blind, its a bit of an issue. Symphony 2 is fresh out of beta, so efforts to assemble what you're describing are in motion. Here are a few resources to get you started, although I think that the Bauhause article is for 1.7, so things are a bit different in 2.

Very old Getting Started article for 1.7

and:

Manipulating HTML in XML

I like to think forum members make a good effort to overcome this (temporary) lack of introductory material by being responsive to the types of questions new users have, so please feel free to ask. I imagine such questions might help Lewis or others with the docs as well.

I am spearheading the user guide, but the release of Symphony 2 is very bad timing with school finals and a vacation I'll be taking at the end of this month. Nonetheless I'll be working on it diligently and expect to have it released sometime in January.

I have attached an extraction from my work in progress that covers a bit about templating.

I would very much appreciate feedback.

just took a quick glance over your doc, Lewis. Is it fine use <xsl:include select="/workspace/utilties/layout.xsl" /> ? From the default build, the include is a relative url. So from your example, the include can be root relative as well? is that b/c it's processed after the php has been process (since doing a root relative call in php usually involves strange pathing)?

Is it fine use <xsl:include select="/workspace/utilties/layout.xsl" /> ?

No, that is an error on my part. Thanks!

Thanks guys, that actually helps a lot. I can't wait until we get to see the whole user guide, but this will help get me started. And chaoticpattern.com is really helpful. There should be a link to it somewhere on the front pages of symphony and overture.