Search

At the moment, I am using MAMP on OS X to develop my site. With the stable release, it's not possible to create ensambles any more. I've got some suggestions in another thread, but right now I would prefer not to have to make another installtion of Apache/MySQL/PHP. Are there any other easy route to transfer a site from development to production server?

I imagine the ability to create ensembles will be available shortly as an extension.

Lewis, the ensemble is already available. My problem is that the PHP complied and delivered with MAMP doesn't meet the requirements. So I'm trying to find another way to move my site from dev to production server. And I think I've found the files that need manual edit (config.php, .htaccess in root folder and .htaccess in Symphony folder).

Yes. That seems to work.

If someone else have trouble with ensemble creation, these are the steps to move a site between servers:

1. Make an database backup using PHPMyAdmin. Restore at the other server.
  2. Copy all files from the Symphony folder in your current servers web root.
  3. Edit config.php (pathnames and MySQL server information).
  4. Edit .htacess in Symphonys root as well as in the symphony folder (pathnames).

thoresson,

Just out of curiosity, you can't edit the MAMP stack to add the zip functionality?

MAMP is a pain. I've tried to add stuff to it and never get anywhere. What's really frustrating is that the zip class is just an enable flag away. PHP has support out of the box, just needs to be enabled.

thoresson's steps work best if you're transferring between servers. That's what we tend to do as well. Ensembles are more for distribution.