Search

Looking for some help, to structure my data sources. My current problem:

I have a Article section that can have multiple Comments (also a section) the Article also needs to link to a Author section. Using the Article data source I can either output a Author id or Article ID to link to the comments but not both. The Article has the Name of the Author but on a details pages I need to retrieve all of the information.

Hopefully I am missing something obvious please help

It also all depends on how your master/detail pages are put together. Gonna need a little more info from you, and a solution would come to light…

Currently the Detail page selects the Article DS (data source) using a URL Parameter matching the article title. The Comments data source then uses the Output parameter to filter the appropriate comments – this is largely based on the default ensemble.

I then need also return various fields from a Author DS filtering using Author name or id. If a switch the Article DS Output parameter this works for the Author but no longer matches the Comments DS.

The Author section is included in the Article section using a Link Select field.

Hoping I have missed something setting up my Sections or Data Sources. Happy to provide more info just let me know what you need?

I have solved my problem by creating another empty Article DS which outputs a different Output Parameter.

Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier…

I was going to suggest a cut down DS with a different output param… You got there first ;o)

Muthahubbard I ran into the exact same problem and did what you did… I wonder if there is a way to include several output values from one datasource… Anyone?

@ChriZ

No unfortunately. That is a feature in Symphony 3 though (last time I checked anyway).

Muthahubbard I ran into the exact same problem and did what you did… I wonder if there is a way to include several output values from one datasource… Anyone?

What ashooner said. I’ve added it to S2 at times, but it was never stable enough to release. S3 will have this though.

Guess it’s waiting time then ;)

Thank you guys!