Search

I’ve already built one site on Symphony (albeit quite basic) and I’m currently developing another one. For future projects, I figure I could do with learning learning more about XSLT. It’s been a long time finding a CMS I like - so it’s time to commit, otherwise I’ll never learn one! XSLT seems great for templates, I like to write W3C valid code, so a template language developed by W3C themselves seems to go hand in hand!

Is there any video tutorials that are worth a watch (I learn best visually) - ones that will actually teach something? I know I could Google for them, but it’s finding useful ones!

What about books too, is there any decent ones out there that anyone could recommend? Something that would cover the basics, as well explaining advanced stuff well would be ideal.

Also, resources for XPath too… I’m currently looking through the W3C site on XPath - would buying a book about it worth it, or is the information on there enough to do most things?

Cheers!

You might find these couple of video tutes to be useful: http://vimeo.com/groups/symphonycms/videos/

Thanks, I’ll have a look at those. That apply templates on specifically may help me understand those a bit better! Keep the resources coming! :P

Any suggestions? There’s quite a few books it seems, but I’m sure someone here will have read one or two which they could recommend!

Cheers!

Can I suggest this book? Shameless self promotion aside, you can look at Jeni Tennison’s Beginning XSLT, coincidentally also by Wrox.

The Symphony book is one I’ve seen (via the power of Twitter!), will definitely purchase that when it’s finished!

That suggested book looks good, hard to find it in the UK from Amazon and eBay though - will need to get it shipped from the USA, shouldn’t be a problem though!