Search

A new extension, “Backend Language Switcher” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

This is my first Symphony extension, so please be gentle!

I think it’s pretty self-explanatory — bug reports/improvements welcome :)

Backend Language Switcher updated to version 1.0 on 22nd of October 2010

@jstar198, just want to study the switcher in S2… Thanks. Not sure if a “template switcher” will/could be released by you? I have a post like this: http://getsymphony.com/discuss/thread/53578/1/#position-8

I think a professional template swither will also help a lot of people. :)

@xeoshow - if you don’t mind, keep on topic. Since this thread is for a multilingual extension for the administrative backend, we need to keep on that topic. That way we won’t confuse new users coming in.

@bzerangue, sorry for this… Seems I can not delete my own post, if admin can, please just delete my this post. Thanks. :)

Hi all, there seems to be an issue getting this extension to work on a 2.2.1 install. I just see error where the flag images should be and when looking in the developer tool in chrome the url doesn't resolve to any of the named png's I have en and cy as langauges settup so would have thought it would identify those 2 languages easily.

I'm also testing this in a sub folder locally on WAMP and I get the same result.

Hi,

I am using langfrench and backend language_switcher extension in my Symphony 2.1.2 project for multilingual.

(1) when i create or edit my page at the time of my backend language is in french my page "URL Handle" automatically changed and add sgsysqs (eg: aboutus_sgsysgsqsgsysgsusgsysgsisgsysgszsgsysgszsgsysgsqsgsysgsusgsysgsesgsysgsssgsysgstsgsysgsisgsysgsosgsysgsnsgsysgsssgsysgs). But i used my back end language in english it is normally create new pange and edit the existing page without these problem.

(2)I create/edit a entry when my backend language is in french, "@handle" value of a particular entry value goes empty. And i saved with english it will works normaly.

(3) File upload is also not upload a file at the time of my backend language is in french.

Can any one help me to resolve these problems.

Thanks