Search

Has anyone managed to get JIT working with external images on a local MAMP install? I thought it was an error in my code but it’s working when I upload to my server. If need be I can make do testing this way, but it would be nice to have it work in MAMP too.

Under Preferences, what does the JIT Image Manipulation Trusted Sites have in it?

Hi bzerangue, sorry for my late response. In the trusted sites I have:

i.ytimg.com/*
*.fbcdn.net/*

These work fine when I upload to the server, it’s just on my local MAMP install where it throws back either an “Error: Connecting to that external site is not permitted.” message or just comes up blank.

UPDATE: the second line seems not to be working on either server:

*.fbcdn.net/*

I take it wild cards can only be used at the end of a URL?

Does

http://*.fbcdn.net/*

work?

No, seems not to

I can’t get it to work either, but would love to have this local testing work. I looked at each point of the server req. and MAMP says it’s good. ( see http://see.weareinto.com/3W3i )

PHP 5.2 or above
PHP's LibXML module, with the XSLT extension enabled (--with-xsl)
MySQL 4.1 or above
An Apache or Litespeed webserver
Apache's mod_rewrite module or equivalent

No errors are generated, so I’m not sure how to troubleshoot. Also, I tried making the trusted sites “*” so it would allow anything. I still get no results.

@into - how are you writing your JIT URL? Also, would you mind posting a screenshot of your preferences (where the JIT settings are)?

I am writing it as

Doesn't work on MAMP, does work on Media Temple
/image/2/35/35/5/donation-pictures/2010_11_23_19_51_11.jpg

Does work on MAMP and on Media Temple
/image/0/donation-pictures/2010_11_23_19_51_11.jpg

System -> Extensions
System -> Preferences

What error are you getting?

Under Trusted Sites, try…

donation-wall:8888*

Oh gosh! I have no idea what changed, but it works now. I didn’t try your fix, and for testing sake I removed “*” so now there’s nothing in ALLOWED SITES and it works fine. I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but am a happy camper. Thnx @bzerangue

Okay, I’m working with another site and am experiencing the same issues. I’ve tried disabling and reenabling, et. all I get is nothing and

NOTICE: Image class param dump - mode: 0, width: 0, height: 0, position: 0, background: 0, file: workspace/images/coverup.jpg, external: 1, raw input: 1/workspace/images/coverup.jpg

SOLVED - - I cant delete the comment :

Can you let us know how you solved it in case someone else has the same problem?

Oh, it was just a bad path, not a FIX