Search

Hello there,

So I have a system already set up that’s running other CMS’s like ModX and SilverStripe on my development machine. I’m using IIS, MySQL and PHP. I understand that to install Symphony I’ll need to install LibXSLT. I’ve confirmed I already have LibXML.

So I guess this is where I fall down because I can’t find out how to do that easily.

Can someone offer me a step-by-step guide to putting LibXSLT on my machine? Where do I get it, which version do I install, what config files to I have to change, etc.

Thanks!

You’ll need to activate a write module. Supposedly you can download an IIS rewrite module from Microsoft and use a tool to convert apache rewrite settings to work on IIS.

A URL Rewrite Module? I already have one of those, they’re required for most CMS’s based on PHP.

I’m pretty sure all I need to do is to install LibXSLT.

Create a php page called info.php and put the following code in it.

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

That should show you if libxslt is installed. It should be.

Hi bzerangue,

No, LibXSLT is not installed on my machine. I can run a phpinfo and it confirms I have LibXML installed (2.7.7) however there is no mention of LibXSLT or any other XLST plugin.

Primarily what I’m looking for is a step-by-step guide to downloading and installing LibXSLT for my machine, as this (the installation) appears to be the only part of Symphony CMS that is different from the other CMS’s I have been evaluating.

Thanks.

I’m thinking you’ll have much more luck on a Windows or IIS forum. Getting LibXSLT installed on Windows 7 isn’t a Symphony-related issue and is kind of outside the scope of this forum, seeing as IIS isn’t even officially supported. Once you get the server stuff sorted, we’ll be able to answer any questions you have related to Symphony’s installation procedure.

The XSL extension is part of the php.msi installation so chances are that you didn’t check the extension when you installed php. Either that or the module haven’t been loaded.

configuring php extension on windows a simple way

czheng - I understand WIMP installs are not supported here, however I did have a hope that perhaps a regular user of Symphony had gone through the same process that I have and was able to offer suggestions.

Aalandriel - Thank you so much, that link did indeed address my issue. Changing the install of PHP allowed me to add XSL and I now have LibXSLT on my machine. Of course, in retrospect it seems so obvious and I’m glad there was a simple way to do it.

Thanks so much all. I now have Symphony installed and I can play with it to my heart’s content. I hope this post helps others with my issue in the future.

Yeah, no worries. I just didn’t want you to wait forever for an answer here if you’d get help quicker somewhere else. Glad to hear you got it working :)