Search

A new ensemble, “Cities” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

I was lucky to get a preview of this ;o)

I’m working on something similar now, but massive… Like, every city in the world…

Just for the fun of it of course…

Definitely going to try and use some of the tech from yours, it is impressive.

Thanks, designermonkey. Your project does sound like a massive undertaking. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Looks great Stephen! I’m interested in the front end admin interface, was it all built with Symphony events? Also, you should definitaly call this ‘sym-city’ ;)

Yep, it’s all native Symphony events with no customizations. I commissioned the development team to build me some Campfire Services (now called Extensions) for Symphony 1.7 that would enable Author Registration, Access Control and Front End Entry Creation.

I ended up donating the Campfire Services to the community. Then, to my surprise, the Front End Entry Creation feature was improved and rolled into Symphony 2 as Events. DesignAdmin and this custom admin system have been my little pet projects to try out some of the fun things you can do with Events.

To my chagrin, the Author Access features have never really been finished. If you wonder why I am so obsessed with the Frontend Membership extension being finished, it’s because I paid for the feature in 1.7, but had to leave it behind when Symphony was updated to version 2. So, I’m still waiting…

In the meantime, I’ve been trying to learn enough to figure it out myself, but I’m not quite there yet.

Well, to me it seems you have put in a lot of time and effort to the development of Symphony. I love the attention to detail you put into your work and I appreciate the fact that you give back to the community. So, from a Symphony newcomer: thank you.