Search

I’ve installed Symphony 2.1.2. , set the root directory to 777; set symphony directory and its folders to 777; set workspace directory and all enclosed folders to 777. But when I point my browser to www.mydomain.it/symphony_test/install.php I get:

“The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.”

My friend said he edited his .htaccess file; I don’t seem to have one (tho’ I can see my Wordpress ones). My ISP is Aruba. I checked with them that they have the requirements listed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Worth checking that PHP Safe Mode is turned off this is required but not listed.

I have also had problem with some hosts not allowing 777 permissions I have managed to install using different permissions.

Worth checking both with your hosting provider.

The best thing to do to solve this sort of issue is to install locally then deploy it to your hosted server. That way you will have all the correct permissions and a full install.

Your .htaccess hasn’t been created during this install, I’m sure there will be a default one floating around here somewhere if you don’t want to do the local install…

I’ve had plenty of issues with permissions, and also safe-mode, but 755 permissions on every folder and file is recommended, and works perfectly and securely, apart from if you have safe-mode on. If that’s the case, you should ask the host if they will do a fast-cgi install of php for you.

Thanks for your fast replies: I’ve started a ticket with Aruba but as it’s bank holiday weekend here I doubt I’ll get a reply for a while. I’ve got going with a local install so moving it across is probably the best solution.

Once you’ve tried the local install, and you’ve moved the files over, if you start getting issues after that with the cache files created in the /manifest/cache folder, then you definitely have permissions issues.

Let us know how it goes…