Search

I’ve been experimenting with the default Symphony 2.0 theme, adding a Members section with the Front End Authentication Extension. I have noted my comments in that thread. Attached is the results of that experiment.

Note: I wasn’t able to test the email, since I don’t have an SMTP server enabled on my localhost.

Notes

• I modified the symphony/assets/admin.css file as indicated on the bug tracker
  • Features additional pages: Members, Login, Register
  • Added a Register User event
  • Included Email field in the Website Owner data source
  • Tested the Hash Field extension as a password field, but can’t authenticate without being able to match hash value

I just tried installing this ensemble and realized the install.php file was blank. Weird. Everything else saved fine, but without the install.php file, the database will not have the data necessary for this to work. Sorry, I'll try this again.

Members Ensemble 0.1.1

It seems the github version of Symphony isn't saving the install.php file. The "official" Symphony 2.0 download works fine when saving the ensemble, however, the Front End Authentication extension causes problems on the front end when enabled. HTML is served as plain text in browsers when the extension is enabled. The problem is solved when the extension is disabled. Very odd.

You might want to try installing the "official" 2.0 install (version 0.1.1), then update to the github version (members-ensemble-0.1) to actually try out this ensemble. Follow the upgrade instructions for updating from Beta Revision 5.

Hi,

I have a client who is looking for some kind of Client Area/CMS module. Initially she wanted it as a bolt on to a regular site, but I have initially said that it would make sense to have the whole site on one framework.

Now I am thinking of Expression Engine as a candidate for that job.

This is the minimum feature they want.

Set up a new client (who then receives a password and log in details)

• Against a client we will need to be able to add ‘projects’ – a client can be working on a number of projects at once, so would be good to be able to send files via a specific project (but this will not require additional password protection).

• Client needs permission to upload and download files

• Company individuals need permission to upload and download files (which needs to be personal log in access so we have an audit trail of exactly who is accessing what)

• Email alerts should be sent to person the file is uploading for, so when uploading a file you might need to enter info such as the following:

Name of person uploading (sender) Name of recipient (receiver) Project reference Date File description Deadline for response/feedback My client (the company) will need to be an administrator – so add/delete/edit contact details and users. There needs to be one administrator and then client and company level users.

Is it possible?

Hi Nick, this is best as its own thread I think as it's not a direct response to the Members Ensemble. Could you post as a new topic entirely? Should get more visibility that way.

sure.

Oops, wrong thread.

You might want to try installing the “official” 2.0 install (version 0.1.1), then update to the github version (members-ensemble-0.1) to actually try out this ensemble. Follow the upgrade instructions for updating from Beta Revision 5.

I don’t understand this.

Are you saying install the 0.1.1 version, then update with the original Ensemble?

Yes you are. :)