Search

I need to set up a redirect on the index page of a Symphony install. The situation is as follows;

I have symphony set up in {root}/cms/ and the site lives in {root}. This is a flash site which gets its data from the {root}/cms/content etc XML files generated by Symphony. I know this set up is not ideal however I don’t want to reconfigure. The only thing I want is to redirect the {root}/cms/ to {root}. I tried to alter the htaccess but I am not sure how to do this since it’ll probably conflict with the rules already there. A possibility maybe is to put some PHP redirect code in the a Symphony page and set this up as index? How do I achieve this?

If you redirect /cms/ to the root, how will you log in to Symphony?

Go to /cms/symphony/ .. right?

I see, I thought the root of your Symphony site was at / (root) and you had renamed /symphony/ to /cms/.

You could write a short Event which performs the redirect, and attach it to your home (index) page. This would mean your .htaccess remains untouched.

I have no experience whatsoever writing events. I’ve looked into the concept and you’ll have to attach a datasource. In this case however the datasource is nonexistent. I also want the event to always be triggered? Can you point me to an example of a simple event?

Edit: no time to figure it out; just used a window.location = script