Search

This is my first kick at creating a Symphony Extension. It is my attempt to solve an issue I found with the Front End Authentication Extension where passwords were stored in the database as plain text and also displayed as plain text in the Symphony administration interface. This field retains the "forgot password" functionality of the Front End Authentication Extension, which requires that the password be stored in the database, but obscures the passwords in the administration interface.

• Use the Password Input field as a replacement for a regular text input field to save passwords as plain text in the database, yet still be able to obscure passwords in the administration interface.
  • The password field is an input element with the type attribute set to "password" to obscure input.
  • The list view of entries also obscures passwords by replacing the password with an appropriate number of asterisk (*) characters (no more than 12 asterisks) while also indicating the length of the password in parentheses.
  • The ability to sort entries in the list view by the value of the password field is disabled

Update: GitHub Repository

Get the PasswordField Extension from GitHub