Search

Hello.

Although I can see “formatting” generated by the Markdown in the debugging XML (/?debug) I do not see it in the resulting XHTML (when I, for instance use View Page Source in my browser or do wget -O- URL). On the other hand, when I switch the “HTML-encode text” option on in the Admin—Blueprints—Section, I can see the “formatting” tags encoded in the resulting XHTML. Any ideas? I tried my best to debug this problem but I failed completely.

Using Symphony 2.1.2 (from Git).

In the Article “Section” I set Markdown. The Article/Body got 3 paragraphs (delimited by empty line) and as you can see there are no <p> tags in the resulting XHTML data (although there are present in the debugging XML data).

— mjf

Try this…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:template name="article-entry">
  <xsl:for-each select="/data/articles/entry">
    <div>
      <h1 class="headline"><xsl:value-of select="headline"/></h1>
      <h2 class="byline"><xsl:value-of select="byline"/></h2>
    </div>
    <div><xsl:copy-of select="excerpt/*"/></div>
    <div><xsl:copy-of select="body/*"/></div>
    <div><xsl:copy-of select="notes/*"/></div>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

It works now. Problem solved! Thank you very much. (Right now I will go and update my (very poor yet) knowledge of XPath.)

— mjf

No need to apologise! If only everyone’s pleas were as comprehensively documented as yours!

Thank you.

But I really do not think my documentation of the problem was good-enough. Once I dive more into the whole Symphony CMS topic, I hope I will be able to provide better documentation when asking for help and also use the right terms. The whole thing (the Symphony CMS) is one huge “WTF?” for me at the moment but what I can tell now is that I am starting to love XSL(T) and Symphony CMS (the one thing that forced me re-think my attitudes against XML et al) because of the fact that it’s concept is very elegant.

— mjf

As you go, if there are “eureka!” moments, please note them and let us know. If things aren’t clear as concepts, UI or documentation then they need to be remedied :-)

There simply are some moments I say to myself “Hell, what the…?”, that’s true. I will try to write them down and post some sensible questions to the forum.

— mjf