Search

A new extension, "Better Forms" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Gorgeous ‘n appealing.

Too bad it conflicts with my .js chained selectboxes in Administration :)

Good job tough.

Better Selectboxes updated to version 1.0.1 on 7th of January 2011

Fixed some compatibility issues

Simone, this is very nice! The only thing that bothers me is that the color doesn’t immediately change to blue on click — the grey “hover color” will stay until the cursor is leaving the clicked item.

Better Selectboxes updated to version 1.0.2 on 9th of January 2011

The only thing that bothers me is that the color doesn’t immediately change to blue on click — the grey “hover color” will stay until the cursor is leaving the clicked item.

Thanks for the feedback! Changed in the last release. :) Is it any better?

Thank you, I think selecting is much easier now.

But I am afraid the “select all” and “deselect all” feature is broken.

Whops, that should be fixed with the latest commit.

Too bad it conflicts with my .js chained selectboxes in Administration :)

You can add a CSS selector to the ignore param so that every selectbox that is child of the element targeted by the selector won’t be replaced. :)

https://github.com/eKoeS/better_selectboxes/blob/master/assets/symphony.selectbox.js#L7

The only thing that bothers me is that the color doesn’t immediately change to blue on click — the grey “hover color” will stay until the cursor is leaving the clicked item.

I know some people aren’t happy with these colours, but since they are used throughout the backend I didn’t want to break this convention. Suggestions are welcome, anyway!

Whops, that should be fixed with the latest commit.

Yep, comfirmed.

Very nice! Select boxes are so ubiquitous but so clunky.

I’m using Symphony 2.1.2, and this isn’t updating to reflect changes to fields that Symphony makes as I’m using forms. For instance, any select box added to the DOM when I click on “Add new item” in the section editor isn’t prettified.

That is annoying but not fatal. Unfortunately, the “included elements” field in the data source editor doesn’t update when I change the source section.

Thank you for reporting that! I’ll look at these issues as soon as I can :)

Better Selectboxes & Buttons updated to version 1.0.3 on 6th of February 2011

• Symphony 2.2 compatibility
  • Bugfixes for issues reported by tachyondecay
  • Re-styled buttons!

Hi Simone, Great extension, beats my multiselect to checkboxes extension, which I haven’t updated in a while.

This latest updated seems to be broken on Chrome 9 - see this video for an example. The dropdown’s don’t expand and the delete button (maybe not part of this?) isn’t legible http://screenr.com/aOb

Great work, Simone. I’ve just discovered a bug on button styling. I’m on Chrome 9 on Mac.

This might fix it.

height: 21px;
line-height: 20px;
Attachments:
Screen shot 2011-02-06 at 10.01.01 PM.png

Better Forms updated to version 1.1.0 Beta on 12th of February 2011

• Two homemade jQuery plugin called symphonySelectbox and symphonyCheckbox to replace respectively instances of <select> and <input type"checkbox"> with more advanced UI elements.
  • Consistent styles (using modern technologies like CSS3) for text inputs, textareas and buttons.

alt text

Note: This extension is not currently compatible with the latest build of SubsectionManager.

Attachments:
screen.png

Just wanted to say that I love using this extension. I figured your description was hyperbole but learned that you were quite honest about it.

One tiny visual issue I found is that I can hardly see the delete button.

delete button

Attachments:
Screen shot 2011-02-18 at 10.47.36 AM.png

Great extension, but it doesn’t play nicely with the Nick Dunn/Rowan Lewis Publish Filtering extension. It wipes out the the drop down selection boxes on that extension.

One tiny visual issue I found is that I can hardly see the delete button.

D’oh, I though I fixed that! Which browser/version are you using? Is that screenshot coming from Symphony 2.2 or lower?

Great extension, but it doesn’t play nicely with the Nick Dunn/Rowan Lewis Publish Filtering extension.

Will have a look at it, thanks Brian.

Can this extension be used on frontend too?