Search

I’m experiencing a weird phenomenon. In text inputs and text areas in the backend of any Symphony installation, typing a backslash character results in the field displaying a Yen sign instead. However, the character is interpreted as a backslash and appears as such when viewed in the frontend.

This is a problem with my computer, not Symphony, for using another computer does not cause this to happen. That being said, this happens so far only in Symphony, in every browser. It doesn’t happen for any other textarea anywhere else, such as here.

Googling has educated me about the Unicode conflict between backslash and Yen. However, when I go into the Region & Languages section of my Control Panel (I’m using Windows 7), all of my locale information is set to English (Canada). Nowhere that I can find, not even in the non-Unicode program settings, refers to Japanese character encoding. I’ve checked my Firefox settings too, but because this happens in other browsers, it must be a computer-wide problem.

Now, this started happening after I installed TeX fonts for use with jsMath. I am not sure why this change would have caused my encoding problem (or even if it did, but this is the only change that comes to mind).

I know that this isn’t caused by Symphony, but because it is happening to me only in Symphony, I thought I would post here in case anyone has any ideas.

It could be this issue, in which case removing the Meiryo from the CSS file should do the trick.

Awesome, that fixed it. Thanks!