Search

as far as i understood the API Chapter was about creating an API inside symphony so other sites could interface with yours not about the Symphony API

Yep this is correct. On Symphony Extensions I'm using my own data sources, slightly customised, to return results from ElasticSearch. But I've built Symphony sites that have no web-page frontend, they are just pages that return XML (xsl:copy-of of data sources attached to said pages). Take a look at the REST API extension.

thanks nick, thats great! will check this out tonight :)

Is there any book on symphony to study at home like from Apress, Packtpub, Orielly or Manning press etc...

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything like a complete package yet.

If you're looking to study at home I would recommend far more practice then reading up. Reading on recommended methodologies might help however you'll only really learn by trying out.

Are you looking for some help in a particular area? Or generic information.

I found a great way to publish the book: Gitbook.

I have adapted the work completed so far on the Symphony Start to Finish book to the format expected by Gitbook and created a GitHub repository. Feel free to contribute to the book by forking the project and submitting pull requests. Or become a collaborator on Gitbook.

Read Symphony Start to Finish. Just be aware that it is a work in progress and is still outdated and pretty rough around the edges.

In facebook terms: Like!

+1 <3

I hadn't heard about Gitbook, very cool concept!

Very nice @bauhouse and thanks!!