Search

I’m opening this thread that developers can discuss about new ideas for extensions, and implementations for Symphony 2.2 or above.

Here’s mine contribution: https://github.com/rainerborene/schema_migration

Oooh! This looks very interesting, Rainer. This is the extension that I’ve always dreamed about for Symphony 2. ;-)

It has already been anounced in another thread, but I am working on a way to hide/show fields based on the value of another field in the publish menu.

I’ve got nothing new imminent, so post-2.2 for me is going to be updating my extensions and fixing outstanding bugs.

• Publish Tabs needs a bit of love
  • Order Entries will need a JS rewrite (in progress)
  • Search Index is going to get new search options (choose between boolean/fulltext, LIKE, REGEXP modes)
  • REST API needs a rewrite, plus consideration for SymQL and SymQuery extensions

I’ve got some ideas for various fields that integrate Google Analytics, Github, but that depends on whether they’re needed for upcoming projects.

Schema Migration looks very cool. Inspired by the Symphony 3 method of storing sections in XML and using them as migrations I take it? I’d be interested to see how you tackle multi-developer support (e.g. two developers independently add a new field and their IDs clash). It’s something I was never able to solve with technology in Database Synchroniser, so we solved it with process workflow instead.

post-2.2 for me is going to be updating my extensions and fixing outstanding bugs

I should have some time in february to do the same. Finally.

And I’m in the process of

Rainer, what are the conceptual differences between your schema migration and Nils’ Dump DB? Would it be possible to merge both extensions into one?

I am looking at my extensions in S2.2 beta 2 right now.

@kanduvisia Beta 3 should land shortly, which fixes some critical bugs. If you need to test now, my integration branch should be fairly stable.

@Nils I believe that Dump DB extension saves the entire database into a file. Try to experiment both extensions and see which you prefer.

I see more similarities with Schema Migration and Database Synchroniser.

Rainer, what are the conceptual differences between your schema migration and Nils’ Dump DB? Would it be possible to merge both extensions into one?

Dump DB creates a copy of your DB. You cannot merge changes, re-applying the copy deletes anything else you might have done inbetween.

Schema Migration works similar to Symphony 3’s XML-Sections and -Views: You can change the XML anyway you want and click “Migrate” to merge the changes into your target-installation.

I’ve got nothing new imminent, so post-2.2 for me is going to be updating my extensions and fixing outstanding bugs.

Same for me. I will update the following:

(slowly) creating a nested sets / categories / taxonomy extension

I remember drawing a few sketches on paper for an ideal extension called “Taxonomies”, but I didn’t find time to develop something.

Anyone got an idea for a better name? ;P

Better Blueprints?

(slowly) creating a nested sets / categories / taxonomy extension

There is Nested Cats (beta) already done, I’m sure you could pick over the code for this…