Search

I installed 2.0 on a remote server, needing only about 23.7 seconds (approx.) to get from install screen to mandatory celebration. (I.e., it worked beautifully!)

I would very much like to have a localhost install, though, and I use XAMPP (Windows). Symphony installed swiftly, the admin nicely accessible. However, I get an absolute blank on the frontend output. Zilch, nada, zippo, etc.

Nor is anything saved from backend to db (even though the db is nicely set up). When I attempt to save, I get a blank screen as well.

I've tried everything I can think of (going back to the 1.7 XAMPP tutorial for inspiration), but can't think of what it might be. It isn't like this problem either. (No extensions installed.)

Any clues?

Hmmm. Do you see anything in manifest/logs/main? Does XAMPP have logs?

XAMPP has logs, and they will probably tell you what is wrong.. The error reporting is probably set to ENONE, but it should be set to EALL or something similar. (EALL ^ (ENOTICE | EWARNING) if you want to hide the variable not set warnings). You can change that in the php.ini file, or with the errorreporting function.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's been a bit frantic here, so I've not been pursuing this as quickly as I had hoped. In any case, the Symphony log gives me this:

17:56:41 > WARNING: 2 - Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file C:\xampp\htdocs\sym2\symphony\content\content.publish.php on line 259
19:30:55 > WARNING: 512 - MySQL Error (1045): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in query "" in file C:\xampp\htdocs\sym2\symphony\lib\toolkit\class.mysql.php on line 383

which should account for both the blank frontend and the failure to save a page. I poked around those references but I'm none the wiser....

If you can poke around in the XAMPP folder for the logs, you should be able to locate the Apache error log. That might give you more specific information. Are those the errors that happen directly after those actions you tried?