Search

Any problems anyone can see that i would run into if i updated from 2.0.4 through to the latest build? i would go through each version and not skip any. So instead of going from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2, i would go from 2.0.4 -> 2.0.5, 2.0.5 -> 2.0.6, etc.

Well, i ran into this update.php script issue:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Failed to load existing config’ in /home/culinary/culinarytoursinternational.com/update.php:33 Stack trace: #0 /home/culinary/culinarytoursinternational.com/update.php(77): loadOldStyleConfig() #1 {main} thrown in /home/culinary/culinarytoursinternational.com/update.php on line 33

anyone know what this means?

EDIT: turns out the manifest/config.php needed the first line to be <?php and the last line of the file to be ?> otherwise the preg_replace function was choking on the regexp.

also, fields.sectionlink.php was an immediate issue. Found the resolution here and then here for db stuff.

only updated to 2.0.5…not sure if i want to continue on up =)

:) good luck … Maybe small step to small step. I think next should be 2.0.7 then 2.1.2 and after that 2.2.

From what I read on the forum, 2.0.6 was sort of unstable. Then comes 2.0.7. And it is easy upgradable to 2.1.2.

The opposite actually, 2.0.6 was very stable, 2.0.7 introduced tighter error handling which broke alot of extensions without much warning. You should definitely try to get to the latest, there’s alot of fixes and especially performance enhancements that’ll speed up your site.

do i have to go through each version like i planned just to make sure I don’t miss any core updates?

No, the updater is inclusive of all releases.