Search

When I upgrade to 2.2 (good ol' git merge) and after updating the database I run into the following issue when logging into the administrator side:

Object of class contentPublish could not be converted to string
/Library/WebServer/Documents/symphony.local/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php line 264

259     public function getPageCallback($page = null){
261         if(!$page && $this->_callback) return $this->_callback;
262         elseif(!$page && !$this->_callback) trigger_error(__('Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.'));
264         $this->_currentPage = URL . preg_replace('//{2,}/', '/', '/symphony' . $page);
265         $bits = preg_split('///', trim($page, '/'), 3, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY);
267         $callback = array(
268             'driver' => null,

I have made sure that selectbox_link_field is using 1.1.9

What other extensions do you have installed?

Ah ha. Figured it out by getting Symphony to not load extensions one by one. I had the Tracker extension enabled (but wasn't actually using it) that wasn't functioning correctly.

Thanks!

Yeah, the author of the Tracker extension is a slacker and hasn't updated it.

General question about upgrade - is it recommended to update all extensions before the core update, or update Syphony then extensions?

Symphony, then extensions. If you update extensions before Symphony they may fail because they use code that is specific to the new update.

It's normally not common, but it may well be the case with the 2.2 changes.

I have just tried to update my Symphony 2.1.2 installation. Installation seems to work ok, the path to remove the update.php file is wrong.

When I try to access the Admin section I get the following error:

Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.

C:xampphtdocsXXXXXXXXXsymphonylibcoreclass.administration.php line 262

257      *  context, otherwise this will return false.
    258      */
    259     public function getPageCallback($page = null){
    261         if(!$page && $this->_callback) return $this->_callback;
    262         elseif(!$page && !$this->_callback) trigger_error(__('Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.'));
    264         $this->_currentPage = URL . preg_replace('//{2,}/', '/', '/symphony' . $page);
    265         $bits = preg_split('///', trim($page, '/'), 3, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY);

Cannot request a page callback without first specifying the page.

What extensions do you have installed?

I am using a few extensions on top of basic, I assumed I could start updating / disabling after upgrade:

• Formatter: Rich Text (TinyMCE)
  • Subsection Manager
  • Static Section
  • Order Entries
  • Global Resource Loader
  • Field: YouTube
  • Field: Page Select
  • Field: Number
  • Field: Map Location
  • Field: Increment Number

Can I disable these and upgrade 1 by 1?

I have updated as many extensions as possible, and this has fixed Admin access and most of my problems. Might need to wait for some other extensions to be updated for 2.2 everything seems to ok so far though.

Big thanks to everyone for all their work on 2.2 and Extension devs.

I am currently upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3, and am seeing the same error message mentioned above (sample here).

I have several extensions installed. How can I find out which one is causing the error?

Is there a way to un-install extensions without using the admin interface (which I can't access right now)?

Is there a way to un-install extensions without using the admin interface (which I can't access right now)?

Look in sym_extensions and disable them that way. In my experience it has been Tracker, Subsection Manager and CacheLite that can cause this.

Thanks for the tip, Nick. I've updated Tracker and Subsection Manager, and everything is working fine now.