Search

-

Is there any chance that this will be updated to be compatible with the 2.3 release?

Author Roles updated to version 1.1 on 8th of May 2012

• Updated for S2.3

Good news, Thanks

Hi !

Why did you choose to allow selection of only one role to an author ?

In some cases, people in a company may work for many services at the same time so they may need many roles. Most of existing solutions in other products also allow only one role per user but it is a pain to administrate. The easiest solution in this case is to create two logins for the user. As you imagine, this is not the easiest solution according to the user point of view.

Would it be possible to plan such a feature in next release of the extension or is it too complex or not useful enough ?

Another question. Why is it not possible to also configure access levels to core admin sections like Blueprints and System ? Is it for security issues ?

Regards

Your point is an interesting one, and it is one I have wondered about, too.

Imagine you have two groups: A and B. Group A explicitly permits the user to do action X, while group B explicitly forbids it. If you are a member of both A and B, should you be able to do X? I am inclined to say yes, but I'd love to hear what you think.

This shouldn't be too hard to implement, by the way. Your blueprints issue is though, because the core itself forbids normal users to access the blueprint pages. So the code for this extension will either never run (because the core has already thrown an issue) or will not be able to override the default behaviour (because it is not coded with the possibility in mind).

Usually, in other products that implements such a feature, solution for your use case is quite simple :

"If at least one role give access to a function then user can access it"

Why ? Because, most of the time, you start with users who have access only to "public" contents then you add access to some specific content.

This means that you start from nothing to all so as soon as you have a condition that authorize access to the feature then you give it because if you gave a role to the user that give access to the content, this should be because he has an higher level than others to this content.

Select all checkboxes from Role page (put it in the console):

jQuery('table.author_roles > tbody > tr:even input[type="checkbox"]').click()

I am working on a site with two extensions which add navigation items:

• Dashboard
  • Paypal Payments

Both of these use code similar to:

$nav[] = array(
            'location'  => 261,
            'name'      => 'Worldpay Payments',
            'children'  => array(
                array(
                    'name'      => 'Transactions',
                    'link'      => '/logs/',
                    'limit'   => 'author',
                )
            )
        );

I can change whether the menu items are visible to authors or just to developers, but I'd really like to show them to some authors and not others depending on their author role.

Can anyone suggest how I can use 'limit' => 'author', more specifically to limit visibility of these items to certain to author roles? Thanks

Anyone benefit from being able to filter entries by text value, not just ID? I'll send a pull request...

one major bug.

let's say i have to sections:

Green Articles available to green user via symphony/publish/green-articles/ Red Articles available to red user via symphony/publish/red-articles/

if green user acces symphony/publish/red-articles/, he can do it without any problems. viceversa for red user.

also added on git

This is a known issue with how this works. There's currently no way of preventing page access with an ACL style.

Since the main privilege of a manager-author over a normal author it to add/modify users, a manager really should be able to set an author role too.