Search

Hi,

I am new to Symphony CMS but I am a Java developer so I understand most things web and IT based.

I have just downloaded and tried to install Symphony CMS 2.2, the database and everything else seems to install ok without error. However when I go to localhost/symphony-2/symphony I just get a diectory listing not the admin page. When I goto localhost/symphony-2 I get a blog post, can anyone offer any help?

I think I have everything enabled such as mod-rewrite but can't be certain.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, and welcome.

when I go to localhost/symphony-2/symphony I just get a diectory listing not the admin page. When I goto localhost/symphony-2 I get a blog post

This sounds very much like a mod-rewrite problem. Viewing the frontend only will work, because you'll get the homepage via the index.php served to you. However there's no index.php in the /symphony folder — these requests use mod-rewrite to reroute them to the root index.php — it's a sure sign that your mod-rewrite isn't firing.

First things first, check you have an .htaccess file in your web root (where index.php resides). Secondly, if you still have the install.php script there try loading that to view your PHP info:

http://localhost/symphony-2/install.php?info

Do you see "mod-rewrite" in there?

(If you don't have the install.php still, create a new PHP file with the contents <?php phpinfo() ?> to get the same result.)

What server environment are you using?

Hi,

Thanks for your help I am using wamp just testing for now.

The index.php is in the same directory as .htaccess.

And here is my php.info:

Loaded Modules core modwin32 mpmwinnt httpcore modso modactions modalias modasis modauthbasic modauthndefault modauthnfile modauthzdefault modauthzgroupfile modauthzhost modauthzuser modautoindex modcgi moddir modenv modinclude modisapi modlogconfig modmime modnegotiation modrewrite modsetenvif modphp5

Everything seems correct but nothings working.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Nick,

I don't know what caused it or why it ddn't work straight away but it works now.

I restarted apache about 3 times and on the 4th go it worked.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

No probs, glad it's up and running!

I found same issue with 2.2 on local install of Apache and WAMP. no .htaccess file is written into root folder.. could this be related to a permissions thing on folder/files prior to install?