Search

This is an interesting one and I'm not sure if it's by design or it just happens to be so: doubling a datasource's parameter output name as an URL parameter sets its value to the latter when the URL segment is present.

I'd assume that this is by design. The URL parameter should have precedence, shouldn't it?

It does, but the debug page still shows the value from the datasource.

I can not confirm this. Which Symphony version are you using? Can you explain your setup more detailed?

URL params defined in the page: /ds-para-meter/param2 with URL request of /y/param2

DS-A Output param: $ds-para-meter outputs a default value of x taken from a static section.
DS-B Filter param: {$ds-para-meter} becomes y if the URL section exists, otherwise sticks to x.

In the XML debug panel, the value of $ds-para-meter still shows it's DS-A value, not the URL segment value, while DS-B is actually using the URL segment value for filtering.

Using Symphony 2.2

I hope I am making sense...

That is almost precisely what I tried (also using Symphony 2.2). But in my test the value of $ds-para-meter changed to the URL segment value.

I hope that someone else can try this or dig into the Symphony core code to see what should actually happen.

To be double clear (provided I was clear before): the Datasource does get filtered by the URL param. Only the Debug view shows the old value.

Are you getting the same or are you saying that in your case the debug view shows you the updated value?

Only thing I can think of is that datasources are parsed in a certain order and Debug devkit grabs whatever comes first and cannot update it?

are you saying that in your case the debug view shows you the updated value?

Yes, indeed. Debug's Params view and the XML view both showed the updated value. I have to admit that I am lost here -- I have no idea why this can be different.

Maybe Rowan or Brendan can help.